Sign in to follow this  
SkyeCreations

Any property/land sold on Bidorbuy?

Dean MF

i love the way steven express himself with his pics :lol:

chocs n treats

yip, but I don't know how to do it.

Dean MF

go to the sellers page - uplaod a pic. Paste the url of the uploaded pic in the message box. higlight and click on Wala!

Caz, you're a registered Trade Broker on BoB. I don't think there would be any difference between selling a house on BoB, on behalf of someone else, and selling toys on behalf of someone else. As long as you did it in your capacity as a Trade Broker. It is the same as a printer putting an add onto paper and distributing to people's houses. They get paid for the service they provide - the business is still concluded by the estate agent.

SkyeCreations

Estate

It would work if I sell on behalf of Estate Agents, but I was hoping to deal direct with the home owner. I've been giving some great tips and links.

Will be following up on all the ins and outs of the process and mabye try register next year. If this doesn't work out, I'm going to try the Estate Agent thing - if they're interested, and see what happens.

Will keep everyone informed, and if I get this right, will post the link to my 1st house auction right here on the Forum. :lol:

shellbee

sold

Good luck, Caz. Judging from your posts on BoB I think you would be really successful at selling! Just choose the right company and the right area if you decide to do the estate agent bit.

SkyeCreations

Some great links have helped see what is involved. I'm going to start off offering a marketing service for Estate Agents (1 lined up so far) - if this seems to work out and I know I can sell houses on the site, I'm going to go through the procedure to register - it seems a bit more complicated than just doing the test though.

Will advise on progress.

shellbee

sold

Hi Caz - great idea. Wish you the very best of luck. Who knows, may have a seller who is leaving Cape Town and coming to Durbs or vice versa and we can do a referral!

SkyeCreations

Great ! Always happy if I can help out a forum member. :lol:

Some great links have helped see what is involved.

Hey Caz, you gonna keep those links to yourself?

shellbee

sold

Hi brusk, for starters browse the estate agency affairs board website. You can look at what is required in terms of registering etc. Web address is eaab dot co dot za :)

SkyeCreations

That's the one - lots of info there. Looking at joining me in my potential new venture ??

I had a long chat with a woman from Aida who suggested that I start with her as a Spotter and when the money is consistant, look at joining them. Another estate agent in the church I used to attend also wanted me to look for houses for her.

I am in the Architectural proffession and would love to get out and get into something sales oriented. I believe one can get very far in sales - further than in Architecture. I suppose BoB is a good place to start. I have just started reading Sales Dogs and it seems to be good book.

shellbee

sold

Make no mistake you can make good money selling property - BUT you have to put in many, many hours and be prepared to jump when a buyer calls! Hardest part is starting out - you need to be able to support yourself for a good few months without any bucks coming in as it takes at the very least two to three months for a sale to go through quite besides the wait to make that first sale! But, if you are motivated it is the best sales job going, in my opinion.Sell a house for 1 million and earn around 25 to 30 thousand before tax ( after splitting 50/50 with the company ). Tough to get going but once you are into it the money rolls. Very stressful though - i once had 7 sales in one month all linked and the FIRST sale fell :cry: Ouch seven commissions gone west! Still, great rewards for hard work!

I had a long chat with a woman from Aida

I had another chat with the women from Aida and she seems a little interested in posting a classified for a property or three. If she gives me the go ahead I'll have them up before long too.

Caz, just some food for thought; If you wanted to sell the houses yourself you'd have to find and show the house as well as complete the sale, and whatever else is required. Let's say you earn 7% for all that work. If you listed houses for various estate agents providing an advertising service on BoB and you earned 1% on each, you only need 7 successful sales to reach the 7%, and without all the effort. It may seem like too much, but consider that you could list houses for 20 or 30 agents for the same amount of effort as selling one house yourself. Just a thought.

SkyeCreations

Absolutely - definately a better idea - I just don't have the time to physically show houses - your idea is a good one. Must just check on the percentage BOB charges for these listings though..

If you get a listing before me, please post me a link so I could see how you went about it.

shellbee

sold

It is best to list property as a classified - you only pay R100.00 to list for a month plus whatever special listing you select (home page etc). You will then receive a notification from BoB that the classified has had a response from an interested party with their contact details and it is up to you to make contact with buyer and take it further. All you would then need to do is to forward those contact details on to the agent. There are NO success fees involved - only the listing fee.

SkyeCreations

Thanks shellbee - this does make sense..... Waiting for my contact to let me know, then may list early next year.

Maryke Anne

If you only offer a service in assisting people with buying at a fixed rate, would you still need to register at the estate agency board?

sbg tech shop

Property on Bob

Hi Caz you can join an agency and understudy a principle for a year to qualify. Do register with EAAB first before attempting to sell property. Not only will they take away your hard earned comm, you may also be prevented from selling again. Have a couple of properties listings on BoB and the responses have been phenominal - the great thing about Bob is that they are always in the top three pages of a google search - thats why we use them! Just search "commercial property" an you will see what I mean. Let you know when it sells.

SkyeCreations

Thanks - I'm trying to arrange to get Certified now and run under an Estate Agency banner just to keep everything above board - give me 2 months or so and I'll be listing along with you. :lol: Thanks to all the people that have helped with this - this may be a start of great things to come. :D:D

sbg tech shop

Property on BoB

Hi guys, sorry, i've just been reading the full post and am now up to speed what you have in mind. great idea but do watch out - even as a spotter or anything else, you have to be registered as agent to receive any form of fee on a property transaction - even attorneys are registered! check with eaab dot org dot za to confirm. 2 yrs ago lost R 200k on commercial property sale because i was not registered! wised up and registered.