Sign in to follow this  
SkyeCreations

Any property/land sold on Bidorbuy?

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

Anybody sold a house or land on the site?

chocs n treats    10
chocs n treats

why, do you want to sell yours? also didn't see anything sold yet.

Dean MF    10
Dean MF

Caz - do you want to start selling houses on BoB?

Wont the success fees be a bit high?

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

Worth it

It's cheaper than selling through an estate agent. Always looking for new ideas to make some extra money.

Just thought if someone had sold one I could perhaps look at the old listing to get some ideas of how they go about it. Know a bit about real estate - could always be an option if people did buy property through the site?

You never know. :lol:

Dean MF    10
Dean MF

true - but you still have to pay all the attorney / transfer fees.

Estate agents charge +/- 5% commision or something - not too sure

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

Charge

Transfer fees etc are for the buyers cost not the seller. Estate agents here charge anything from 4 to 7.5% - BOB charge is quite a bit lower, so definately money to be made if people do buy houses through auctions.

Not sure if people do. But could be lucrative if it worked. Must give it a try sometime I think.

Dean MF    10
Dean MF

sounds worthwhile.

The online estate agent (ownerselling or something like that) charge a lot less than that. But i dont they have over 100 000 visitors to their site every month :wink:

BoB is definately a place to sell :wink:

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

House

Now to find someone to let me sell their house - then I can give it a test run and see.

shellbee    10
shellbee

Sold

Hi there - I could get far too hooked on these discussions!

I have had one of my own properties listed here for the last few weeks and I have to tell you that the response to my classified listing here has been better than any newspaper response. By the way, although i do not sell property anymore i am still a registered estate agent, as I now do trust accounting to the industry and so still have a connection to selling.

All property listings here on BoB are classifieds so all you pay is R50 a month for the ad and interested parties contact you - NO success fees so if you sell you could make a good few bucks here. However, strictly speaking if you sell for a third party you are supposed to register with the Estate Agency Affairs Board but they are SOOOOOO inefficient right now that I doubt that ANYONE would know the difference. I reckon that the more properties that are place d here the more successful it could be - you know, more stock = more sales!

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

Property

How does one register with the Estate Agents board? Out of interest. I like to always keep things above board.

This looks like a great market and I have some contacts in the Industry, but would prefer to go it alone if possible.

shellbee    10
shellbee

sold

If only it were that easy - I am still at home right now (should have been at my office an hour ago!). I will send you a PM with more info on what is involved and how to contact them from my office. Give me an hour or so.

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

Help

Thanks shellbee - much appreciated.

shellbee    10
shellbee

sold

Hi Caz, having a hectic morning here - contractors all over my new offices.You need to go onto the Estate Agency Affairs Board website - it is easier to go onto their site and browse than for me to give you the whole waffle. I suggest you do a google search for their address - don't think I am allowed to post a URL here?

Basically, in terms of the act you have to register as an agent in order to sell but you would have to pass their exam first so it is a mission. Exam is VERY easy and there are many places who offer training for this exam - at least once done you are qualified for life! If you have any questions please ask and I will help.

SkyeCreations    10
SkyeCreations

Shellbee

Thanks for all the help Shellbee - I'm definately going to look into it.

Many estate agencies pay people a Spotters Fee, which they are legally allowed to do. If you have a friend who is an estate agent, they can pay you a spotters fee and they can conclude the paperwork. This is what I like doing - outsourcing. Frees you up to go and look for another house to sell.

I have spoken to someone here in East London regarding this and, who knows, I might join you in this endeavor Caz.

Dean MF    10
Dean MF
Many estate agencies pay people a Spotters Fee

I did not knwo this - do you only get the money if they sold the house?

Yes, only on successful sales. I have been approached by two people with regards to spotting. Also, they usually pay you once the papers are signed, and not only once the money has been paid over.

The best is to speak to an estate agency and get an agreement with them.

shellbee    10
shellbee

sold

Hi guys, Yes a spotters fee is quite legal. However, if you advertise your property here on BoB that is different. You are then deemed to be the person selling and as I said, you then need to be registered. If you are not registered you are not entitled to the commission - don't confuse this with a spotters fee which is just a referral. Check out the Estate Agency Affairs Act at eaab.gov.za - nothing worse than putting in HOURS of time and effort and the seller gets wise to the fact that you are not registered.

All registered agents names are now on the site but I really do not believe that this info is 100% correct. Although there is a strong possibility that no-one will be any the wiser (hopefully not your seller!) but Caz has the right idea - rather do it the right way, in this game always better to be safe than sorry.

erewhon2011    10
erewhon2011

Hi all

Shellbee is right-you need to be registered before you can charge commission-and registered agents will always be checking up on your bone-fides.. However, apart from getting a spotters fee for finding property to sell, another form in income is to sit at a house on a "show Day" It enables you to learn a bit about the business and to earn something. I am a qualified agent but am not registered at present. However I have a friend who handles Commercial and Industrial Property and I cover the nitty-gritty of house sales for him for 25% of his commission. It works for me and it means that I have to keep up on the legal requirements and stay in touch with the Deeds Office etc.

shellbee    10
shellbee

Sold

Hi erewhon, Am I glad I found this forum - interesting things happen here! I too will pay these spotters fees for properties in the Southern Suburbs - both for sale and for rental. Anyone interested out there please send me a PM and we can talk. This started out as a discussion of advertising properties on BoB - you will see my opinion on that topic earlier in this forum. If you register as an agent through a company you can work immediately as a "candidate" agent under the principal (owner) without having to write the exam first. Maybe that is the way to go initially Caz?

By the way, can someone please tell me how to insert these smilies????

Dean MF    10
Dean MF

when you clicked on "post reply" you get to the box where you type in your message.

On the left you'll see the smilies :lol: .. click on the one you want 8) and it will automatically :P insert in where your :) cursor is at that moment :D

:wink:

shellbee    10
shellbee

Sold

:roll: Thanks Dean - and I was looking for some complicated way of doing things.

chocs n treats    10
chocs n treats

admin must add some more smileys. these ones don't express everything you want to say, but it helps a lot sometimes.