Sign in to follow this  
jphotography

How long to wait before one opens a case

jphotography

Okay as my previous thread is closed, I still have not heard anything from Mystique99 with the jack daniels jacktets. I have send her now 3 emails with NO replies!!! What I would need to know is how long should one wait before you open a case with the police? I have not received a tracking number or anything.

qball

bidorbuy normally recommends allowing 7 days from close of the listing, however, if the seller is still not contactable or is avoiding contact we suggest opening a case as soon as you can.

Kind regards

Cuan

jphotography
bidorbuy normally recommends allowing 7 days from close of the listing, however, if the seller is still not contactable or is avoiding contact we suggest opening a case as soon as you can.

Kind regards

Cuan

Thanks Cuan, what will I need to take to the police do you maybe know?

lilythepink

You need to take your ID book, all details (including emails) about your purchase and non-delivery and all contact details for Morne and Bid or Buy, e.g. telephone numbers are vital as the police will need to get hold of Morne to get further details from him regarding the seller. Expect to spend a couple of hours at the police station until you manage to find someone who understands your problem. If you are not getting the service you require, just ask to see the Station Superintendent! Best of luck. (Remember to get the Case Number so you can advise Morne at BoB what it is!)

If by some chance the item arrives in your possession, you can always withdraw the case.

Bertman Trading
Thanks Cuan, what will I need to take to the police do you maybe know?

Hello Jphotography,

I opened a case last week and I took the following:

Copy of the order placed (contact details,adress and bank account usually is on there)

Proof of Payment to the seller.

Contact details of bidorbuy/Morne

I managed to source a photo of the seller on the net as well but they are NOT interested in it.

I was told by the police officer that I should go to the Magistrates Court as it is a civil case and get a letter from them:eek:, but I insisted on speaking to mangement and eventually they opened a case of theft under false pretences.

Give yourself enough time to open the case as most of the officers are not experienced or lack the proper training for this type of cases.:rolleyes:

jphotography

Thanks for the info

jphotography

Well well well what do you know. As I was planning on going to the police this morning, on Thursday morning I printed all documentation on these jackets and get them ready, as I am off today.

Friday morning I quickly went to my post box to collect post and there I find a slip from post office customs in kempton to collect an overseas parcel.

Got there Saturday morning and guess what was in the parcel. Yeaaaaah my 2 jack daniels jackets. I could not believe it. Well this person eventually came to light with the jackets.

It is just such a pity that she does not communicate with you, as these jackets are very nice.

I have not received one email from this person at all, but I have send her an email saying thanks, lets hope she respond to that.

lilythepink

Am very happy to hear that you received your parcel and are happy with what you have bought. It's almost impossible laying a charge against an overseas seller so am glad to hear that you don't need to go this route. :D

jphotography

lilythelink, I was so sceptical when I saw other people complaining about not receiving the stock, and worse was this is a UK based person but with an ABSA south african account (and the branch is in jhb CBD). I really really thought that I was scammed.

MsPlod

Good news!

Got there Saturday morning and guess what was in the parcel. Yeaaaaah my 2 jack daniels jackets. I could not believe it. Well this person eventually came to light with the jackets.

Yayyyyyy!!!!:D:D:D