Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Images Disappearing Again........

voldermort    10
voldermort

Just about 2 monthes ago I spent weeks sorting out all my images especially under Tapes/LPs which had broken images.................now I find that the same thing is starting all over again and in exactly the same category. Some of my ads which now have broken images have only been up for a few weeks.

Is there a problem with the images under the Tapes/LPs section that they seem to be getting broken so rapidly?

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

I had the same problem with images disappearing last week on 3 of my items in the coins category. and the only way to find out if your pics are buggered is if a buyer spots the problem and lets you know.

wayjen    10
wayjen

i found one of our items that closed in December that we forgot about and also it's pictures were gone (link broken) so all i did was add them again.

voldermort    10
voldermort
i found one of our items that closed in December that we forgot about and also it's pictures were gone (link broken) so all i did was add them again.

Not an easy task when you have 1000's of items up. I just sorted my LPs all out about 2 monthes ago so don't understand why they are disappearing again & as Bumblebee says unless somebody points it out to you, you have no idea they are broken.

wayjen    10
wayjen

you so right.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Not an easy task when you have 1000's of items up. I just sorted my LPs all out about 2 monthes ago so don't understand why they are disappearing again & as Bumblebee says unless somebody points it out to you, you have no idea they are broken.

Oh dear. This isn't a happy situation. I guess we will all just have to keep checking our own ads until BoB get it right again.

qball    10
qball

Hi Voldermort

Please supply me with examples, I'll have the tech guys have a look. Please bear in mind, at the moment images are only stored for 60 days, until such time as we can upgrade our server space to accommodate longer periods.

Thanks

Cuan

voldermort    10
voldermort

Metal - Guns N' Roses , Use Your Illusion I ( 2 LP Set ) for sale in Cape Town

Metal - Guns N' Roses , Use Your Illusion II ( 2 LP Set ) for sale in Cape Town

Classic Rock - Then Came Rock N' Roll , Various for sale in Cape Town

Hi Cuan

I have put up 3 examples above but there are others all of which have only recently been placed whereas this ad

Soul & Funk - Billy Cobham, Spectrum for sale in Cape Town

was placed more than a year ago and has never lost it's image.

Thanks

Samantha

qball    10
qball

Hi Samantha

The developers have sent me an answer. This is currently part of a cleanup process where we delete all user images which have not been accessed (read: no one looked at that item) in the last 60 days. You, "voldermort", for example currently have 13470 images in your gallery with the oldest being from Feb.

176 of those images (have been deleted as part of our cleanup job this morning (basically all images which have a "last-accessed" - date before 26th February

have been deleted today).

We are looking at extending this period after adding additional hardware (most likely end of May), we will extend this cleanup period to 180 days.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Cuan

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins
Just about 2 monthes ago I spent weeks sorting out all my images especially under Tapes/LPs which had broken images.................now I find that the same thing is starting all over again and in exactly the same category. Some of my ads which now have broken images have only been up for a few weeks.

Is there a problem with the images under the Tapes/LPs section that they seem to be getting broken so rapidly?

I recently had the small images disappearing from some of my listings - but the big ones staying. I thought copying and re-listing would fix, but it didn't. Here is an example of one:

Uncirculated Coins - SA 1st Series Decimal 1/2c - 1964 PROOF!!!!!!!!!! for sale in Port Elizabeth

It was a few days ago when the image server had capacity problems. Hasn't happened again.