Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Brushed Nylon/Fleecy material.

wayjen

Due to the demand on the beanies the lady cannot get enough brushed nylon or fleecy material so i told her i would ask you guys and gals if you can suggest a place or have the material.

thanks.

mellowred

Sent you a PM before reading this post ... lol.

mellowred

And I just realised it is IN the Nobel Park Building ... getting old. ;)

wayjen

no probs. we have a neighbour here talking about Waverly Blankets but we don't know if they still around.

thanks man.

lilythepink

Waverley Blankets used to have their factory in Observatory, Cape Town. There is also a blanket factory in East London but not sure if it's Waverley. But I would imagine that their blanket materials are too thick for beanies ...?

wayjen
Waverley Blankets used to have their factory in Observatory, Cape Town. There is also a blanket factory in East London but not sure if it's Waverley. But I would imagine that their blanket materials are too thick for beanies ...?

*yawn*

morninks!!!

*yawn*

i remember that name on a building years ago. yeah the material might be think and the funny thing is when Miriam came here over the weekend she bought some other items that were finished (not hers mind you) but that fleece material seemed too thin for me but then again what do i know about these things.

lilythepink

Morning, Wayne! (Sip of coffee!)

I guess beanies can be made from any thickness of material but, seriously, if they are too thick possibly only the Eskimos would be interested in them? I suppose we do have Arctic winters in some parts of SA? lol

wayjen

yeah like that ski resort somewhere here in south africa, they might need them.

*goes off to google the dorpies name*

lilythepink

Possibly they do wear them at the ski resort (it's at Rhodes - nearly Barkly East!). "Tiffindale", I think it's called although I've never been there - can't imagine myself on (off most of the time?) a pair of ski's.

wayjen

heh heh i had chippendale on my mind then as i sat down i remebered tiffindale.

mellowred

Come on you lot! What is all the yawning and coffee sipping?

I'm busy shampooing carpets, washing curtains ... almost finished a general spring clean.

Boy am I buggered LOL :P

lilythepink

Well today is a public holiday - Freedom Day - and I'm taking it to mean freedom from household chores! Any excuse ....

Vinyl Lady Decals
Well today is a public holiday - Freedom Day - and I'm taking it to mean freedom from household chores! Any excuse ....

Too true, there's always another day for housework.

mellowred
Too true, there's always another day for housework.

That's been my motto for the past several years too. Hence me now taking a whole week to spring clean one room lol:cool:

mellowred

In all honesty, if wayjen is looking for some mohair (well, beautiful soft pure black cat fur) for those beanies I have about 2 tons - free for collection in Hermanus :P.

wayjen

zzzzz huh!!???? who woke me up?

damn are you serious we think our neighbour is there now heh heh heh

lilythepink
In all honesty, if wayjen is looking for some mohair (well, beautiful soft pure black cat fur) for those beanies I have about 2 tons - free for collection in Hermanus :P.

I can go even better than that - I can offer plenty of white, long-hair (Chinchilla Persian x 4 cats) hair, free to anyone who wants it! :P

wayjen

me thinks there are alot of hairless cats roaming around.

mellowred
me thinks there are alot of hairless cats roaming around.

Nope ... Mona still has more than a full coat. That darn cat has more fur than sense.

PS : Collected another ton for you.

wayjen

ha ha ha ok

congrats on becoming a Cosmic-BoBber.

pablojani
Due to the demand on the beanies the lady cannot get enough brushed nylon or fleecy material so i told her i would ask you guys and gals if you can suggest a place or have the material.

thanks.

It's called polar fleece. They sell it at the Waste Centre in Durban. I don't know if there are branches of Waste Centre in other towns too.

wayjen
It's called polar fleece. They sell it at the Waste Centre in Durban. I don't know if there are branches of Waste Centre in other towns too.

aaah ha thanks pablojani will Waste Centre come up if i google it?

wayjen

hmmm looks like you need a branch here in cape town.

pablojani
aaah ha thanks pablojani will Waste Centre come up if i google it?

No idea. You will have to try it and see. They are quite big. There are a few branches in Durban.

wayjen

yip nothing in cape town.