Sign in to follow this  
dD1

Blocking sellers

dD1    10
dD1

Is there ANY way that buyers can block certain sellers items from appearing on the listings?

There are some sellers who flood the site with pages and pages of utter rubbish that I would never consider buying and they INSIST on listing their stuff in the wrong categories.

It really detracts from the buying experience and it would be awesome if getting rid of these pests was as simple as clicking an IGNORE button or something.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

I wish!!!

Is there ANY way that buyers can block certain sellers items from appearing on the listings?

There are some sellers who flood the site with pages and pages of utter rubbish that I would never consider buying and they INSIST on listing their stuff in the wrong categories.

It really detracts from the buying experience and it would be awesome if getting rid of these pests was as simple as clicking an IGNORE button or something.

Would be a VERY 'nice to have' wouldn't it!!:)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I agree with the sentiments posted above. There is just one seller I wish I could block! :mad:

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Sounds like a good idea, but I dont think BOB would do such a thing? Takes away the point of a giant marketplace?

dD1    10
dD1

Have a look for an iPhone. You literally have to wade through hundreds of iPhone accessories and irrelevant crap before you can find the actual hardware you are looking for, despite there being a dedicated area for their junk.

It wouldn't hurt bob to introduce this functionality because it would improve the buyer experience and get rid of the people who are just wasting our time and bandwidth.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

A new tack to this thread...

Okie Dokey - what about a search facility for items that allows us to sort by SELLER?

So where one sees:

Sort by Default | Ending Soon | What's New | Lowest Price | Hot Selling

One would then see:

Sort by Default | Ending Soon | What's New | Lowest Price | Hot Selling | Seller

That could at least help a little bit... ;)

Please?:confused:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Especially the ones like Dr Computer -1

All the people that are -2 -3 still bids on stuff

moppies    10
moppies

I would like to block the seller that is using MY pictures! everytime I see the listing I want to explode!:mad: But I'll keep my cool :cool:

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Which seller is that. Its not allowed. Well the internet is open to everyone who wants to copy etc. So its no use getting into the fit. I can block buyers. I just wish that people with negative ratings beyond -1 get blacklisted .

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Moppies, you need to find a way of putting your name on each of your pictures. Then, if someone wants to copy them they'll have to copy your name? Or would some "fundi" be able to remove it? (As you will gather, I am not the brightest button in the box when it comes to computer matters ...!) ;)

mellowred    10
mellowred

I think you would have to be fundi enough not to resort to stealing others photos to remove the watermark Lily. So that would be the best way to go.

You can do that relatively easy on Picasa Moppies. It will mark all your photos for you.

This person obviously reads your listings Moppies, so do what another fed-up one did, and list a picture personally aimed at the seller - use his ID big and bold - and offer him a "Buy Now" for the photo he stole.

At least that way he will know you are fed-up.

dD1    10
dD1

bob really need to do something to introduce this functionality of blocking certain sellers. I am looking for a car kit for my iPhone and I literally have to wade through 100's of items by eXpansys who is a seller I will NEVER support. They don't stock anything locally - they simply order it for you from overseas (like I can't do that myself?) and they have crappy ratings too.

Come on bob!! I'd even pay for the privilege of being able to block sellers from my view!

mellowred    10
mellowred

I can't see how this function would take away any part of free enterprise. I don't enter shops or visit stall holders I don't support, so why should a BoB buyer be forced to wade through items of sellers they don't support.

Blocking buyers has been implemented so it must surely be possible to block sellers.

MsPlod    10
MsPlod

hear hear!!

I can't see how this function would take away any part of free enterprise. I don't enter shops or visit stall holders I don't support, so why should a BoB buyer be forced to wade through items of sellers they don't support.

Blocking buyers has been implemented so it must surely be possible to block sellers.

I would be more likely to buy if I did not have to wade through all the rubbish that some folks display - and display en masse! Folks who are not so fussy might not mind and won't use the facility but for those who know what they want it really makes sense!

Please BoB!!:D

qball    10
qball

Hi All

Whilst we appreciate your suggestions, something like this is very difficult to implement with our current site structure. This will require planning and investigation before we do this. I doubt we will block a seller, rather a buyer will probably be able to filter out a particular seller.

This has been added to our task list for discussion, but I cannot give you a timeline for acceptance or implementation.

Kind regards

Cuan