Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

Is this a coin? A token? What is it?

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

Maybe Jewish

In 1949, after Israels independance, their new goverment struck a set of coins and used the designs which appeared 2000 years earlier in Bible times - I think this might be one of them - on the coins I am talking about, the word "Israel" is inscribed in Hebrew at the top and in Arabic below, but as I can read neiter of these two languages, I cannot tell for sure.

Regards

Pierre

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
In 1949, after Israels independance, their new goverment struck a set of coins and used the designs which appeared 2000 years earlier in Bible times - I think this might be one of them - on the coins I am talking about, the word "Israel" is inscribed in Hebrew at the top and in Arabic below, but as I can read neiter of these two languages, I cannot tell for sure.

Regards

Pierre

Tons of thanks, Pierre. I really appreciate your taking the time to have a look! I wonder what I could buy with it if I ever get to Israel? :)

wayjen    10
wayjen

Regards

Pierre

i know nothing about coins or if that is jewish but yes that was my first impression when i saw it but is that not The Tree of Life on the coin?