Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

Changes To Ratings Symbols????

voldermort

Just noticed the positive, neutral & negatives have all changed. Gone is that angry black face (thank goodness)..........I for one think the new "faces" are much better.

Thanks BoB. :)

PS: I am definately liking my big gold star :D

babyface2

morning all

yes it looks much better thanks bob

wayjen

thats nothing, go look at your stars and green tick.

RAG Auctioneers

Looking great!!!

Thanks BOB.

Whoever is driving the innovative process is doing a good job.

I see improvements every week.

lilythepink
Looking great!!!

Thanks BOB.

Whoever is driving the innovative process is doing a good job.

I see improvements every week.

I absolutely agree. The changes are so much better! Thanks to whoever implemented them. I HATED that black negative face!

BumbleBee

The neutral and negative rating faces both look the same and gets very confusing. Can you guys make the neutral face white or make the negative face red like this one ":mad:"?

lilythepink
The neutral and negative rating faces both look the same and gets very confusing. Can you guys make the neutral face white or make the negative face red like this one ":mad:"?

White would be better. The red face is SO very angry! (Yes, I know we get upset when we have to rate negatively but an ugly face makes me feel even worse about it!)

MsPlod
White would be better.

Or even just light pink??

OR - make the neutral face white as BumbleBee suggests??:confused:

RAG Auctioneers

Upon inspection, the neutral and negative do look exactly the same. The only way to tell the difference is if you go a little closer to the monitor.

I think a different colour would do the trick.

mellowred

I think the neutral looks sadder than the negative.:):confused::(

Cali Craft and Gems

Having just received a neutral rating from a buyer that still owes me over R1000, I see that the negative and neutral faces are too similar. There should be a definitive colour difference at least so one can see at a glance where the negatives are...

The buyer concerned has raked up 23 negative ratings from me for non-payment alone, yet her profile page doesn't look that bad as the "faces" blend away - they should stand out like sore thumbs just to warn others of her!

:mad:

freesia

I agree, a different colour will work well. Why not follow the traffic light model: Positive Ratings is already Green and indicate: safe, go ahead. Neutral is already Yellow / orange: be cautious and take care, make sure of everything before you proceed; and Negative is Red: Stop, take care, beware of danger, proceed at own risk......etc.

For that matter, what about a smiley face for the positives?

lilythepink

Please could the BoB team make the stars and ratings a brighter yellow (or other colour) than they are at present? Just noticed tonight that they are hardly noticeable in artificial light! Thanks

BumbleBee

...and gone are the chillies, I miss the chillies. :(

Lukeness

LMAO! I think you're right!

I think the rating symbols are nice - not as "mean-looking" as the old ones. There is also text next to it as well. (Perhaps I am just not that visual)

Vegar

Everything seems to have gone fuzzy and mellow yellow.

It seems like there is some new dynamic force on the BoB team who is doing some kind of 'spring/autumn' cleaning up.

When you take away the black line contour the symbols just bleed out and become indistinct. In itself it may have it's decorative merits but the primitive part of our brain operates on symbolism and when you change the look of a symbol it takes time and ENERGY for my brain to translate the new symbol for the cognitive part of my brain.

It has been, rightly, pointed out that the 'Negative' symbol has lost it's impact. As it is there are no consequences for the time wasters who don't pay - except that negative marker.

It is all very well to have a positive sunny smiley face but I feel there is a denial of the outrage and frustration I feel when clicking on that negative rating.

Another thing is that change causes anxiety, it may be subtle but it is unsettling - some of the good people who post here regularly have been putting on a few brave (yellow smiley) faces lately.