Sign in to follow this  
Hans100

Postal theft... Please detail your experience here!

Rambeo

At least our water is still safe for now.

svw
Nou wat nou nog? Strikes, theft, murder, petrol prices gone up, liquer and sigaret prices too. Then we have to eat donkey, horse an water buffalo meat......ag nee man! What's next?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ... thanks Miems ! You have just made my day - I really needed a good laugh ...:awesome: - sent coffee flying in all directions but it was worth it !

MiemsJewels
At least our water is still safe for now.

Toe nou nie! We received BBM's that our water contain bacteria causing diaree.

JORYHA TRADING

What is interesting to note from the speed services waybill, Clause 4 to 4.4 - is that the standard conditions of service does not mention Pilferage as the writer indicated in the letter of response. What is mentioned in the standard conditions, is that packages must be clearly marked if valuable goods are being transported. Then it refers to flammable or hazardous contents as well. Clause 10 refers to loss and damage and indemnifies speed services as it is at customers risk.

Does "loss" then include "pilferage"? Even though it is not clearly stated on the waybill or is it assumed and then only highlighted once goods have been stolen and claims presented?

Rambeo
Toe nou nie! We received BBM's that our water contain bacteria causing diaree.

Arghh there goes the neighbourhood. Thats why I drink beer all the impurities are boiled out long ago. However it too has side effects. Makes you walk silly, you feel witty and you seem to feel extremely strong.

chrisc

The letter that Watches 24 received from Speed Services must have been written by someone new in the claims dept. I have had numerous parcels delivered by Speed Services with damage, goods missing, wet and in the case of pilferage (a box of Blu-Ray blanks replaced by sheets of cardboard), they paid the full value, including the shipping fees. I did not have to specify the contents

Little Miss Muffet

A Ghost went for investigation

After being passed to at least 8 people I finally got the answer to an undelivered parcel today.

I was firstly told the parcel was damaged and had gone for investigation

Today I was told the parcel is missing.

Therefore the parcel that went for investigation must have been a phantom or ghost--invisible:disgusted:

Uninsured so I cannot claim but believe me I am going to screw that Post Office for every cent.

rightsaidfred

Got my speed service package from post office , was opened and my tablet which was gift for my daughter for Christmas gone . I am very annoyed , please post if others have had this problem .

MiemsJewels

I had the same problem with a speedservice parcel Righsaidfred. The parcel were torn open and the item stolen out. Fortunately it was not a very expensive item, so I replaced it.

Little Miss Muffet

Where were your parcels posted from?

ABC CRAFTS

Thanks for all the feed back. I personally have battled with parcels right here in South Africa. Since last years strikes I have only used insured post, and yet 3 of my parcels to clients have been going from hubs to post offices and been torn open. One has even been travelling for 3 months to 17 different destinations within the post office. We have also received a letter from our pension fund been torn open and then resealed with official post office tape. In the beginning of last year a parcel from the UK use to take 12-14 days, now it take up to 2-3 months!! This is really getting out of hand

alloway65

I had a package sent to me last year from CT, it arrived 6 months after posting....I had given it up for lost.

republikein
Thanks for all the feed back. I personally have battled with parcels right here in South Africa. Since last years strikes I have only used insured post, and yet 3 of my parcels to clients have been going from hubs to post offices and been torn open. One has even been travelling for 3 months to 17 different destinations within the post office. We have also received a letter from our pension fund been torn open and then resealed with official post office tape. In the beginning of last year a parcel from the UK use to take 12-14 days, now it take up to 2-3 months!! This is really getting out of hand.
It seems to me - out of personal experience - that insured parcels attract specific attention from Post Office thieves (at Wits Hub?), due to the fact that the value of the contents is being "advertised".

NooNooBug
It seems to me - out of personal experience - that insured parcels attract specific attention from Post Office thieves (at Wits Hub?), due to the fact that the value of the contents is being "advertised".

Have to say I think you are right ! The big blue crosses makes the "thieves" find the parcels more easily and all they need to do is glance for a value and description so conveniently supplied on the outside of the parcel and they know which parcels are worth their while ! How do other countries mark their insured parcels ? Anyone know ? Just interested coz my brain says you should have to list the value & contents on the slip that you get & that is left in the book in the PO not clearly all over the parcel !

Faeryshop

I have bought over 50 items on ebay with no tracking number bout only about 10 arrived to me

Digital Wolf
Have to say I think you are right ! The big blue crosses makes the "thieves" find the parcels more easily and all they need to do is glance for a value and description so conveniently supplied on the outside of the parcel and they know which parcels are worth their while ! How do other countries mark their insured parcels ? Anyone know ? Just interested coz my brain says you should have to list the value & contents on the slip that you get & that is left in the book in the PO not clearly all over the parcel !

I also wondered but all postal systems list the values on the outside of the parcel.

Although after speaking to the postmaster at our local post office, the lower value insured parcels are actually more likely to be stolen than the higher value (say R1000 and up) parcels. The theft of higher value parcels must be investigated before their insurance will payout whereas low-value parcels don't require thorough investigation - so the thieves will stick to stealing low-value parcels.

I have bought over 50 items on ebay with no tracking number bout only about 10 arrived to me

Those famous no tracking number parcels, probably sat at customs for a few weeks before being sent back... Only order items with tracking numbers now :/

collectors investments

Post Office (JHB Int Hub) compromised by theft !!!!.We have had 5 registered international parcels sliced open & content stolen in the last month.Having spoken to my colleagues they have also experienced major postal losses due to theft.The postal service has been seriously compromised by criminals.We can't afford to take these nocks , is this the end of doing business with international buyers?Something needs to be done , if the Post Master General can't maintain the integrity of the postal service he/she needs to be replaced!!!!

Little Miss Muffet

A speed post parcel sent to Johannesburg via Witpos has been stolen.

I have a thing about insuring valuables as they then know the value and contents

What sort of country do we live it?One I am loosing all respect for.

Cali Craft and Gems

An international parcel that went through Witspos before being sent to CapeMail was sliced open, but nothing was removed. The culprits probably saw no value in plastic beads (thank heavens), but that does not stop them tackling truly valuable parcels that are still on their way into SA!

Faeryshop

I sent watches by post in the past few months and 3 times watches were stolen and envelopes resealed. Value of R200 each.

Bloemgroup

courier

I am happy with DHL, but the price can be problem...