Sign in to follow this  
golden wing

Mushroom Starter Kits

golden wing

Hello All

Does anyone know where I can buy mushroom starter kits, spores, substrates, etc? All the South African websites I found are inaccessible or no longer exist. I believe there used to be someone advertising in Farmer's Weekly - does anyone know about them?

Regards

Maggie

lilythepink

Hi Maggie. They used to be advertised quite freely in "The Farmers Weekly" magazine, as you say. Perhaps keep checking? Good luck.

golden wing

Thanks Lily

I searched Farmers Weekly online yesterday and found an article about a company in KZN who offer mushroom spawn, DVD's etc. I made contact with them and am happy to say I have their price list and other details. Thanks for your input.

BTW: are you a cockatoo fan? I have about 30 parrots, mostly African Greys

Regards

Maggie

lilythepink

Yes, I am definitely in love with my cockatoo - hence his picture on the Forum! He goes shopping with me, on holiday with me, to the doctor - you name it, everyone around me knows him and he talks quite sensibly to most folk.

Mpuma Stamps

There are still weekly adverts in the Landbouweekblad, I think those are for normal mushrooms. BUT go have a look at www.mycophiles.com for growing gourmet mushrooms.