Sign in to follow this  
Steve87

Video Game Movies

Steve87

I recently read an article on Video Games and movies which I thought was quite interesting. There are over 40 games that have made it to the big screen including titles like - Super Mario, Double Dragon, Mortal Kombat, Hitman and Dead or Alive - to mention just a few. I do not actually remember too many video games that were successfully released as a movie.

I don’t know whether the performance of these ‘game movies’ is affected by the switch from an interactive experience to a completely passive one. So many people play a game and hence there are thousands of different experiences and expectations that the movie makers have to address to make the video game a successful film. Tomb Raider and Resident Evil are two video games that were a success in my mind, as they maintained the story the games told.

I feel the latest Street fighter movie however was just a debacle:o. It was nothing like the game, and to add to that the acting was poor. There is a Prince of Persia movie coming out soon so it would be good to see how well Prince Dastan squares up to Lara Croft.

What game do you think would be a box office hit? I’d put my money on Heavy Rain.:cool:

Bargain Games

Think Assasins Creed will be a good movie.

Steve87

Yes, i think so too; if they did it right it could be...and what about uncharted or would that seem like an Indiana Jones spin-off?

jacque31

Another one that made it - Resident Evil, love the game and the 1st & 3rd movie! How about Metal Gear Solid - i think that will make a great movie if they stick to the game story line and the overall feel.

Steve87

Well, i am quite shocked they havnt made an MGS movie yet...I had forgotten about Snake. That would be quite a long movie though!

jacque31

Yeah maybe make like 3 or 4 movies same like the game - the story line continues through out each one. Will be very good. Lets hope some big shot Hollywood producer is reading this.;)