Sign in to follow this  
moppies

Diamonds

moppies

As I was browsing through the auctions, something caught my eye and I need clarity:

SPARKLING 0.010ct; G-I; VS1-SI1 (1 POINTERS) ROUND BRILLIANT DIAMONDS. DON'T LOOSE

1. Is this real diamonds?

2. Is it legal to sell diamonds on the net?

3. Can I as buyer have these in my posession?

4. I also see gradings - ( G - I) (VS 1 - SI 1). What does it mean?

5. Will I ge a certificate when I buy these?

I was interestted in buying these but hubby has a lot of issues. Can somebody please assist this "dummy"?

Lukeness

1.From the information in the listing, these are being sold as genuine diamonds.

2.It is legal to sell them as long as they are polished diamonds and not diamond rough.

3.The same applies to you as a buyer.

4.G-I refers to the colour, these would be classed as commercial grade white. VS1-SI1 refer to clarity. They are all "eye-clean" so no inclusions should be visible with your naked eye.

5. No.

Check out the gemstone selling guideline for a lot more information and details on all of these factors.

Help - Gemstone Selling Guide

moppies

Much appreciated! Will definetly go and read it!:)

RISadler

Many "cheap" diamonds are man-made and are generally of much better quality than natural diamonds.

Lukeness

careful. Most times what is advertised as "lab-created diamonds" is just plain CZs or Moissanite. Lab diamonds are VERY expensive to make and cost almost as much as natural stones. Most often real lab stones are yellow, but still expensive.