Sign in to follow this  
keithmarie

Confused and Perplexed

keithmarie    10
keithmarie

Things are not so easy once your in your late sixties. I'm so worried i will mess up that i wondered if there is anything like a dry run to sell something and how on earth do you find out what it costs to post? anyone out there can help i would be most obliged. kind regards Keith:rolleyes:

mellowred    10
mellowred

Hi Keith

Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about messing up. The listing process is one of those things you have to play with. I've been messing about for months and am only just getting the hang of it.

I'll help you with some tips if you like, or you can just learn through trial and error (in my case ... many, many errors ;)).

For posting costs it's best to go to your local Post Office and get a pricing booklet. They are free and are very helpful. Make sure you get the April 2010 edition.

The only dry run is your first listing :).

Please PM me if you want help.

Good luck

Mandy

freesia    10
freesia
Things are not so easy once your in your late sixties. I'm so worried i will mess up that i wondered if there is anything like a dry run to sell something and how on earth do you find out what it costs to post? anyone out there can help i would be most obliged. kind regards Keith:rolleyes:

Hi Keith, try the thread for 'Shipping Post Office and Courier Issues.' You also will get some pointers on the thread 'Selling on Bid or Buy.' I have learned quite a lot by reading all the threads on the forum. As Mellowred have said, it is sometimes only by trial and error. What ever you do, try to ensure that you send your items within the promised timeframe - the sooner the better. Also make sure that whatever you sell is clearly described and you have clear pics of everything. Make sure that the people bidding on your items know exactly what they will get. Happy buyers, give positive ratings and you will need that to be a successful seller. Hope you have lots of successful auctions on Bob.

Kit W    10
Kit W

Hi Keith

Welcome to the Forum - Mandy has put it in a nutshell. It is all a matter of "trial & error" Help is just a PM away - Good luck with your first listing

Regards

Kit

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hi Keith. I also welcome you to the Forum. Just remember that being in your 60's has absolutely nothing to do with the trials and errors of listing! Everyone has to learn and once you get the hang of it you'll wonder why on earth you felt so helpless to start with. Good luck and may your sales be many! ;)

Kit W    10
Kit W

Hi lilythepink

It would be worth our while starting an over 60's club where we can discuss our "trials * tribulations" - after all, who cares if we mess up a listing or two. The worst was listing ONE item twice and selling BOTH items. If my memory serves me correctly Angela came to my rescue with the extra cover

Enjoy the day

Kit W

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Excellent idea, Kit W! Now we need Wayne and the others to come to the "party"! lol

mellowred    10
mellowred
Hi lilythepink

It would be worth our while starting an over 60's club where we can discuss our "trials * tribulations" - after all, who cares if we mess up a listing or two. The worst was listing ONE item twice and selling BOTH items. If my memory serves me correctly Angela came to my rescue with the extra cover

Enjoy the day

Kit W

Don't be rotten, why restrict it to over 60s? :P

I once sold a book - then listed it again a month or so later. Someone bid on it which made my last brain cell kick in as I remembered receiving an order for it before. Checked my sales and saw I had sold it. Very embarrassed, I had to delete the bid and cancel the auction. About a week later I was sorting through some books and there it was - the paper back version of "Atlas Shrugged" sitting on my book shelf. :confused:

Then I realised I hadsold it, just never posted it. Luckily the buyer had taken some time to pay (for acceptable reasons) and was possibly as "duurmekaar" as me at that time and hadn't even realised I hadn't posted her books.

So if you think you need to be over sixty to suffer trials and tribulations, think again! :cool: