Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

More excessive postage!

Depot Three

Right That's enough abusive language.....my tongue is not a native!!!

AndreComputer

I've think it is about time to stop dealing on BOB.The amount of increasing day by day.Postage of R32.00 on package is charged R65.00 rand for .Surely after a seller has sent a few parcels of the same quantity they should know the correct amount plus a few rand for packaging etc.

Sellers that take your money & don't bother to reply is increasing as well.Nada Niks meer vir my nie .Rather go and support another site that offers moneyback escrow system and take action against sellers.

Edited by qball

Miss Jewels

This leg was blacklisted. Who is the other leg? Any connection?

momojo (13 rating1.gif) Blacklisted

Status is Blacklisted

100.00% positive ratings

Located in Pretoria / Tshwane

Member since 01 Apr 2010

:rolleyes: Someone lost 13 positive ratings .

Well done Morne ;)

AndreComputer

Nice One Morne,Now where do I send my complaints to ?

I suppose someone is going to try & blacklist me as well in the near future .A seller that I bid on when I've won the bid was it looks like temporarily disabled from selling.I needed the item urgently for a birthday gift and was prepared to pay overnight to get it fast.When I tried mailing & phoning got no answer so decided after I read through the last bunch of negative ratings to rather leave it alone.A week or two before it another lady also done me in and I'm quite 'gautvol'.

Digitrade
I've think it is about time to stop dealing on BOB.The amount of increasing day by day.Postage of R32.00 on package is charged R65.00 rand for .Surely after a seller has sent a few parcels of the same quantity they should know the correct amount plus a few rand for packaging etc.

I also employ a packer to wrap my parcels. She earns a decent salary. I buy boxes to put the parcel in. I buy rolls of bubblewrap and box-tape. The postage fee typed on your parcel is not a sellers only expense. Next time you pay a few bucks extra towards postage, rather keep in mind that you might be feeding an extra household earning a salary as a packer!

Guest Guest

Gold - SOLID GOLD!!! TRILOGY NATURAL MINED AQUAMARINES SET IN 10k SOLID GOLD for sale in Port Elizabeth (ID:30174884)

Item Open From 14 Dec 23:00

R290 PER item won... (As luck would have it, seller not involved with any suspicious dropshipping on that date at all. Some respect people, please!:) " ITEM shipped from Port Elizabeth."

R290 per +- 4.0 gram item?! [i'm clearly exaggerating with the weight - Items are lighter...] Anyway, guess what a 40KG parcel will cost you? Answer: R2 900 000.00 Yes, 2.9 million Rand...

What does BOB get from that R2 900 000.00? The total?: R00.00 = ZERO!

"LOL...?"

Must be a new record on BOB... :awesome:...?

MsPlod
R290 per +- 4.0 gram item?! [i'm clearly exaggerating with the weight - Items are lighter...] Anyway, guess what a 40KG parcel will cost you? Answer: R2 900 000.00 Yes, 2.9 million Rand...

What does BOB get from that R2 900 000.00? The total?: R00.00 = ZERO!

"LOL...?"

Must be a new record on BOB... :awesome:...?

This is totally outrageous!

Never mind dropshi%%er - want to dropkicker...

lilythepink

I absolutely agree that the seller in PE should be dissuaded from fraudulent postage/shipping costs. Even if he/she acquired his/her goods from the moon (as I've just said in another thread), why should a winning bidder have to pay for them? If all Sellers on BoB were to include their acquisition delivery costs in their shipping/postage costs for the buyer to pay, albeit covertly as does the seller in PE, we would have no more bidders on BoB.

It is unfair, to my mind, that one seller can get away with this absolute rip-off. Takes away all the fun of the auction, and places questions over the honesty which most sellers display.

Miss Jewels
It is unfair, to my mind, that one seller can get away with this absolute rip-off. Takes away all the fun of the auction, and places questions over the honesty which most sellers display.
...and the honest sellers are the ones that must suffer, because many buyers will have one bad experience with misleading adverts and huge postage charges....We must be missing something where terms and conditions only apply to certain members.

Cali Craft and Gems

I had a buyer complete the order this morning and boldly state in the order that she refuses to pay more than R52 for speed services as that is the current special on at the PO.

I politely replied that she was to please not change the shipping costs to what ever it suited her as there was far more involved than "just the bag" from the post office! Her main complaint that she did not like the fact that I charge R68 for speed services packages! I reminded her that all information was clearly stated in our listings, plus that there is a message in the shipping block that if she refused to accept our listed terms and conditions, that she should not have bid on the items.

It's like me going to Spar and telling them that I refuse to pay 45c for a plastic bag as it is cheaper somewhere else - what do you think they'd tell me?

She emailed saying that she now wants econoparcel - let's wait and see if there are any more excuses or changes...

Miss Jewels
I politely replied that she was to please not change the shipping costs to what ever it suited her as there was far more involved than "just the bag" from the post office! ...
The bag arrives at our offices free, there is no costs involved, there is no charge for securely wrapping and preparing the parcel and all the material is free, and the bag arrives leaves our offices and arrives at the post offices free. WOW. What do some buyers think we are? Charity Fairies? Just wondering, because my vehicle runs on petrol, the PO is 3km away, I pay for my bubble wrap and organza bag and I sometimes stand in the PO queue for more than half an hour!

Guest Guest

Hi!

I just yesterday ordered 16 batteries... 26.5kg each... Total weight: 424Kg. Imported from China.

What the seller paid for the import, customs, insurance, the rent of their business site, the cat's vaccine etc. etc.[!!] is of course included with the selling price of each battery!

I don't have to pay the seller one cent for the couriers [nor per battery!] - from them to us, that is! Of course, I pay the couriers - all knows that... Guess what I pay for a 424 thousand Gram parcel - strictly speaking, directly from China, then to Capetown, then to us? +-R440

A 424Kg parcel from some BOB sellers will cost you: R30 740 000.00 Yes. Nearly thirty one million rand... That is the total the buyers will pay, directly to those sellers... BOB gets? R00.00 commission.

OK I know you have to pay customs for the value of the goods... But at R1~R200 per item... Let's deduct R20 000 000.00 for import duties and stress... [LOL!]

BOB looses out on an amount of R10 740 00.00 which were commission-able...

But then again - it's only a theory most say...

PS No more smileys used with that info...

Cali Craft and Gems

But one must not forget that for some seller's their time is extremely precious / expensive!

They will charge you by example R60 to put one item into the envelope, but it takes so much out of them that they feel the need to charge you another R25 per additional item that is placed in the same envelope - and most times the seller's do not even bother to wrap the items securely or with protective wrapping.

For me on the other hand, my time costs nothing (yip - I do not draw a salary)! I dedicate at least 15 to 18 hours per day to the business and take pride in each and every item I put into the package for my buyers - and most times a gift of some sorts is included.

Do you know what a "mission" it was to include Christmas cards in the parcels this year to my regular buyers? And then you still get the buyers who have not bought from me for a while so that meant that I had to write out how many additional envelopes just to send them cards too?

Customer service people! All it takes is a little love and care to show your buyer's how important they are to you! Treat your customers (and their goodies / parcels) as you would like to be treated if you were the buyer! A little effort (with a smile) goes a long way!

Guest Guest

Very true too... LOL!

I just [Well, also yesterday] received a "BOB-parcel" The wrapping? A SINGLE sheet of advertisement flyer paper. (Like the "booklets" Lewis stores or Game give out.) A single sheet man - NOT a double layer.That was it!

I found it "funny" and just laughed it off! Although I paid for these particular two items R125... Yes.

It was a good buy... :wink:

JPBon
But one must not forget that for some seller's their time is extremely precious / expensive!

They will charge you by example R60 to put one item into the envelope, but it takes so much out of them that they feel the need to charge you another R25 per additional item that is placed in the same envelope - and most times the seller's do not even bother to wrap the items securely or with protective wrapping.

For me on the other hand, my time costs nothing (yip - I do not draw a salary)! I dedicate at least 15 to 18 hours per day to the business and take pride in each and every item I put into the package for my buyers - and most times a gift of some sorts is included.

Do you know what a "mission" it was to include Christmas cards in the parcels this year to my regular buyers? And then you still get the buyers who have not bought from me for a while so that meant that I had to write out how many additional envelopes just to send them cards too?

Customer service people! All it takes is a little love and care to show your buyer's how important they are to you! Treat your customers (and their goodies / parcels) as you would like to be treated if you were the buyer! A little effort (with a smile) goes a long way!

At least I now know Im not the only one who is nuts.

Miss Jewels

For the whole of December, I offered free shipping for all additional items. Whether my buyers took 1, 10 or 20 items. R40.00 flat rate. Organza bag, bubble wrap and shredding. For me, my slogon of Dedicated to Customer Satisfaction, is very important. I adhere to this in all our companies. To those whose absolute passion is also customer satisfaction, you're tops! This is what the buyers are looking for.

JPBon

I even decided I was faster than the PO and delivered my own parcels where I could.... I just forgot to wear a Santa Suit... maybe next year.

Miss Jewels
I even decided I was faster than the PO and delivered my own parcels where I could.... I just forgot to wear a Santa Suit... maybe next year.

Thankx JP. Was nice meeting u!

JPBon

Was a pleasure meeting you too.

Miss Jewels
Was a pleasure meeting you too.

....and he got to see that I actually carry all the stock I advertise! JP, if I ever come under the hammer, I'll just refer to you.

JPBon

Yip I am witness to the fact that you have stock, I was very impressed with the setup by the way, very professional office. I thought I was in a Jewelery wholesalers.

Miss Jewels

LOL. With everything lying all over? Somedays I've got to find my desk. But thanks anyway!

Yip I am witness to the fact that you have stock, I was very impressed with the setup by the way, very professional office. I thought I was in a Jewelery wholesalers.

JPBon

Its worked in which is important, but all your stock is very nicely stacked away in cabinets and purpose made drawers etc... all nice and neatly labeled...uhm Im sure most peoples stuff isnt as organised.

MsPlod

Any seller wanting to get an idea of how to wrap and send parcels should order items from JPBon, CaliCraft, Asha Craft, LilythePink and Miems Jewels (apologies if there is anyone left off this list)

Hurricane-proof (and probably elephant-proof too) shipping and they all go the extra mile to make sure things are just perfect!! Thanks folks - it is all greatly appreciated. The value for money keeps buyers coming back for more...

JPBon

Thank you Ms Plod.