Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

More excessive postage!

MsPlod

An expensive reading lesson!

Kebs is quite correct.

You may be lucky enough to appeal to the seller to issue an SNC but you may also end up with a number of negative ratings as a non-payer.

It is critical to read the whole listing from beginning to end.

RC_Planes

Ek stem saam met julle, hy moes beter gelees het.

Maar ek dink nie dat dit wat hy daar skryf dat jy vir sy tyd ook moet betaal is korrek nie, dis posgeld nie diverse kostes nie !

windrider

Calton Phones does charge this fee and to his credit states it upfront. I wonder why he ships everything from UK, at one stage these watches had SA postage?

RC_Planes

If he gets only R1.00 and asking R449.00 shipping that gives you a total of R450 for the item.

What is bothering me is that this type of sale is only paying bob commision on the R1.00.

And if u read what he said he is clearly going to ship if to you from Potchefstroom.

Would like to know what you opinion is on this matter.

I feel BOB is losing in this deal!

Regards

lilythepink

RC Planes - this seller is a good, reliable one and certainly not new on BoB so they must be aware of his shipping charges, etc. If you feel badly enough about it, though, you could send an email through to communitywatch@bidorbuy.co.za and see if they can help you.

RC_Planes

thanx will do so, im just new to the game and plan on selling a lot on bid or buy.

I would only want what is best for the bid or buy community.

wayjen

what i cannot get over is people are still questioning postage. postage should in fact be going to the post office and not the sellers pocket. postage is half about weight and half about size. where an item might weigh 500g the box and or packaging in is wrapped in might just push the price up to the next price bracket. do you want your parcel tightly sealed so it cannot break or do you want it in pieces when it gets to you?

MsPlod

Well here is a seller who is "honest" about their shipping fees...

Other Fishing - Leatherman look alike (Multi tool) for sale in Carltonville (ID:24998746)

in the Q&A

Q

IF I WIN CAN YOU DROP IT OFF AT CARLETONVILLE FIRE DEPT.

UPDATED: 04 Aug 20:05

Eish, hopefully I dont have to come and save you one day, might ask you postage first before I treat you. Delete my bid if it is still the highest please. - Asked by Photo G (223 rating3.gif)

04 Aug 16:23

A

Sorry i have to ask you postage i only make my money on the postage

:eek::eek:

kyle2

Interesting? Straight and to the point, no bones about it.:)

qball

Seller has received a warning and requested to not charge excessive shipping in order to increase revenue.

Doby2010

Exessive postage.

I see a lot of people complain that R50.00 or more is exessive postage . There are a few sellers that ask up to R500.00 postage + 2% insurance , ( thats for a cell phone )although they clearly state it below the product , unfortunately few people read through all of the yacaty yack after the description of the product . i wish i could set up a filter that my searches automaticly exclude such sellers

brands online
Well here is a seller who is "honest" about their shipping fees...

Other Fishing - Leatherman look alike (Multi tool) for sale in Carltonville (ID:24998746)

in the Q&A

Q

IF I WIN CAN YOU DROP IT OFF AT CARLETONVILLE FIRE DEPT.

UPDATED: 04 Aug 20:05

Eish, hopefully I dont have to come and save you one day, might ask you postage first before I treat you. Delete my bid if it is still the highest please. - Asked by Photo G (223 rating3.gif)

04 Aug 16:23

A

Sorry i have to ask you postage i only make my money on the postage

:eek::eek:

:D rofl

lilythepink

I am also laughing, Brands! Blatant cheek. At least Cuan is on his tail.

tramps

hi guys and ladies,

i was interested in buying a badge but disagreed with the postage so asked the questions. read and tell me what you think. i must also say that he changed his postage box after the auction.i would think taht the badge is about 6cm x 6cm.

South Africa R40.00 for first item, R20.00 each additional item. If the R40 rand seems unreasonable. ( occasionally I sell small items) Please ask for a Pack and post quote on your item specifically.Tracking Number supplied once posted Counter to Counter Speed Services will be quoted on demand.

Q

is this a german badge

UPDATED: 19 Oct 20:29

how much is postage for this item. surely not R50-00 - Asked by tramps (1487 rating5.gif)

19 Oct 20:28

A

How much would you like to pay? I pay for the auction, the boxes, the bubble wrap the tape, the insurance,

so hey...how much do you want to pay.

UPDATED: 20 Oct 08:28

How much would you like to pay? I pay for the auction, the boxes, the bubble wrap the tape, the insurance,

so hey...how much do you want to pay.

20 Oct 08:28 Q

i am also a seller who delivers every day and besides the cost of the postage R18-15 econo parcel, minimal bubble wrap and a padded envelope no more than R3-00 and a bit of petrol to the post office. your postage and handling fees are way out. but don't worry i wont bid on your goods - Asked by tramps (1487 rating5.gif)

20 Oct 17:08

A

You are a smelly rear end of epic proportions. Please feel free to go and dig a hole and bury yourself, like the excrement you are....

UPDATED: 20 Oct 18:33

Oh yes... Mind you own business

UPDATED: 20 Oct 18:35

Plus any one who sells Nude playing cards is some sort of deviant

20 Oct 18:29

tramps

Seller

strapper327678-1061023487-b.gif

this is the item in the story above

Miss Jewels

This was a reply re the postage from the seller....not very applicable is it? I wouldn't deal with a seller who makes snide, personal remarks like this. Can you image what the after-sales service would be like? Goodness Gracious!! Certainly hope the BoB sees this.

"You are a smelly rear end of epic proportions. Please feel free to go and dig a hole and bury yourself, like the excrement you are....

Oh yes... Mind you own business"

anerstemens

Thats horrible would never think of talking to a client like that, ( people are allowed to have their own opinions or views but respect is the key word here )

This was a reply re the postage from the seller....not very applicable is it? I wouldn't deal with a seller who makes snide, personal remarks like this. Can you image what the after-sales service would be like? Goodness Gracious!! Certainly hope the BoB sees this.

"You are a smelly rear end of epic proportions. Please feel free to go and dig a hole and bury yourself, like the excrement you are....

Oh yes... Mind you own business"

jphotography

Talk about expesive postage, I ordered a small item and postage was R50. Was mailing and waiting for tracking number but this person stuck it in an envelope and just posted it of with normal post, not registered post, just straight to my po box! People makes more money out of the postage then what the product is worth

lilythepink
Seller

strapper327678-1061023487-b.gif

this is the item in the story above

Another thread tells us just what a sense of humour "strapper" has with his listings! Perhaps we just don't get his sense of humour all the time? I certainly think his answer to the question is revolting!

brands online
Another thread tells us just what a sense of humour "strapper" has with his listings! Perhaps we just don't get his sense of humour all the time? I certainly think his answer to the question is revolting!

I don't think there's any humour in this reply Lily. it's plain disgusting. Everyone does or at least ought to treat people with respect especially potential customers. If we don't, we simply create an environment of nastiness. And this is just nasty...:disgusted:

MsPlod
I don't think there's any humour in this reply Lily. it's plain disgusting. Everyone does or at least ought to treat people with respect especially potential customers. If we don't, we simply create an environment of nastiness. And this is just nasty...:disgusted:

It IS downright nasty :sick: - maybe all the more reason that sellers (such as strapper) should have a look at the forum!

If they could understand the fact that, in many instances, these interchanges are seldom kept exclusively between themselves and a buyer since the buyer can refer the issues to the forum where it is discussed, they may be much less likely to be so abusive?:unsure:

Depot Three

I do actually read the thread. I have been battling to get advice and set my postage correctly for items that range from small badges to tables. I changed it to R40 overall charge and R10 per item. I have now changed to R30 up to 2kg. The only way you get a feel for it is through trial and error. As the old adage says' You can't please all the people all the time." As for the "smelly rear end" you refer to, well, I'm a nice person...until I'm not...Then I'm horrid. She was rude to me and I reacted with my best English. Anyway, as you see, these "Forums" are vey aggressive and disrepect people and there way of doing business. The key to all this is the buyer is king. If they don't like my Items, prices or postage they are free not to bid. My postage fee is not hidden, If you pay R1 for an item and I charge R28 to post it, is that wrong? Hopefully my postage is now OK and we can just enjoy buying and selling.

Kind Regards

The person formally known as "Strapper"

brands online
I do actually read the thread. I have been battling to get advice and set my postage correctly for items that range from small badges to tables. I changed it to R40 overall charge and R10 per item. I have now changed to R30 up to 2kg. The only way you get a feel for it is through trial and error. As the old adage says' You can't please all the people all the time." As for the "smelly rear end" you refer to, well, I'm a nice person...until I'm not...Then I'm horrid. She was rude to me and I reacted with my best English. Anyway, as you see, these "Forums" are vey aggressive and disrepect people and there way of doing business. The key to all this is the buyer is king. If they don't like my Items, prices or postage they are free not to bid. My postage fee is not hidden, If you pay R1 for an item and I charge R28 to post it, is that wrong? Hopefully my postage is now OK and we can just enjoy buying and selling.

Kind Regards

The person formally known as "Strapper"

The reference was never to what you charge. That's your business. The reference was to the language used to communicate your feelings. If that's your best English, perhaps it would be better to reply in your native tongue then. In any event, everyone tries to maintain a level of decency and etiquette on the site generally and I don't think you can disagree your reply was very scathing.

btw, this is not a personal attack on you. I am amongst those who love the humor in your listings...

The artist formally known as "Prince" :smile: