Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

More excessive postage!

tramps

R10-00 per additional item is steep if you think what your extra costs actually are. if these items are already listed as singles they should alredy be packed down and ready to be packed and sent meaning no extra work. a good bit of money for nothing, thank you very much!!!!

lilythepink

No, MsPlod you are not missing anything! I also refuse to buy from Sellers who rip people off with their postage costs. If they can be so dishonest with shipping, who can trust them to provide the right goods?

tramps
i have a problem with postage charged by some ebook sellers. i have bought these when i started on bob. i was charged a high postage and received the cd through normal R4-50 post in a normal envelope. i have just bid on an item on wednesday auction ID 20889859 where it costs R55-00 to send the first item and R27-50 for each following item. isn't this a ripoff. the buyer also has 15095 ratings. i also do not know what other fees are supposed to be listed under shipping except packaging, handling and postage.

i won this item, a bargain i think at R1-00. before i bid i negotiated a better postage rate of R35-00 via "ask a question". i received the disc today normal R4-50 post and in a normal envelope. imagine the next guy who buys from this seller at R55-00 for the first disc and R27-50 for the next one. he is selling on the wednesday auction again. something oughjt to be done about this

lilythepink
something oughjt to be done about this

Bid or Buy will do something about this providing you notify them by using the Community Watch feature on the item you are looking at. All you have to do is advise CW that the seller is abusing the system and they take action. I think if we all do this more often, those sellers who are ripping the ring out it with postage will have to re-think their costs. (Remember: unity is strength!) :)

Guest Guest

I have a problem shipping 10 encyclopedias. Postage is R 200.00 becuase its so heavy. Is that reasonable

moppies

Snet, it can be! These book are realy very heavy. 10 books = 10 kg = R18.15 per kilogram = R181.50 for the lot!

Guest Guest

I said so. I need profit on postage so I charged R 250.00. Now he doesn't want to budge. He put a order of R 35.00 by mistake on the order form. I sent him a mail and he was fine with it.

Cali Craft and Gems

SAPO charge for a 10kg parcel is R66.65 NOT R18.15 x 10! Give and take a box from a liquor store, some brown paper, and some tape, you can easily make the postage R100 and still make a profit.

Ordinary parcel without insurance (2% of the parcel value):

1kg R30.20

2kg R34.25

3kg R38.30

4kg R42.35

5kg R46.40

6kg R50.45

7kg R54.50

8kg R58.55

9kg R62.60

10kg R66.65

11kg R70.70

lilythepink

I think you are on top form tonight, Cali! Excellent reasoning! (I am off to make supper! Good night folks!)

Guest Guest

thanks. I have reduced it down to R 210.00 as I am adding sponge to cushion the parcel

tramps

Originally Posted by tramps viewpost.gif

something oughjt to be done about this

Bid or Buy will do something about this providing you notify them by using the Community Watch feature on the item you are looking at. All you have to do is advise CW that the seller is abusing the system and they take action. I think if we all do this more often, those sellers who are ripping the ring out it with postage will have to re-think their costs. (Remember: unity is strength!) :)

i sent a query through community watch and morne got back to me. it seems as though that report was sent to the seller and he responded. i phoned in and spoke to uko who wanted to see the e-mails sent between us. i was later told that the seller had been warned about excessive shipping.

i rated him negatively because of his shipping and he responded quick and made it clear that he was not happy. i told him that shipping was just that, postage handling insurance and packaging and he said that other costs were to cover his costs, burning the disc and finding the info. on wednesday he was selling the same item starting at R1-00. 10 lisred. imagine this, you manage to sell all 10 items at R1-00, total R10-00. postage R55-00. if you buy an extra disc your postage goes to R82-50 (R27-50 for the second item) times 10= R825-00 for postage only. not a bad days taking for the wednesday auction. i am also sure that both discs will be out into a normal envelope and sent at R4-50 post costing a mere R45-00. what will bob do to this person if he has already been warned but doesn't fix up his shipping rate.

tramps

bidorbuy ID: 21767798

POSTAGE AND ALL OTHER FEES IS R55 FOR THE FIRST ITEM AND THEN R27.50 THERE AFTER PER ITEM. YOU WILL RECEIVE A DISC/S WITH THE EBOOKS OR SOFTWARE PURCHASED VIA S A POSTAL SERVICE.

what do you think

moppies

"Te dik vir 'n daalder"

tramps

it seems as though this seller has items listed on snap friday auctions as well as weekend specials withthe same postal rates

lilythepink

I'm not sure that CW actually do do anything to stop this! But I guess we just have to keep on hoping that Sellers who rip buyers off with shipping will find they are not getting good sales.

BeadandCraft Studio
"New" zero ratings seller advertising diamonds:

Diamonds - (Diamonds Africa) 4x Round Brilliant US$9000 for sale in Namibia

Postage offered:

Courier - DHL, FedEX, Etc. Door to DoorR650.00 for the first item

R100.00 each additional item

Do diamonds really weigh that much???

They must be the size and weight of rocks;).No pun intended.

RISadler

I suggest BoB implements something similar to what eBay has done - where the buyer can also anonymously rate the seller on a scale from 0-5 on things like postage, how promptly item was posted, etc.

So if look at an auction and see that the buyer gets 1/5 for reasonability of postage, then you can just move along - especially irritating are Wednesday & Friday auctions (or basically any auction closing soon) where the seller doesn't specify postage cost and then also doesn't answer QA's.

Hands on Diy

I'll second that idea as their seem to be a few sellers that come at you full steam for payment as soon as a auction closes but then drag thier feet to dispatch the items

MsPlod

Seconded!!

I suggest BoB implements something similar to what eBay has done - where the buyer can also anonymously rate the seller on a scale from 0-5 on things like postage, how promptly item was posted, etc.

So if look at an auction and see that the buyer gets 1/5 for reasonability of postage, then you can just move along - especially irritating are Wednesday & Friday auctions (or basically any auction closing soon) where the seller doesn't specify postage cost and then also doesn't answer QA's.

That would be EXCELLENT!:D

babyface2

how is these shipping charges for computor games R40.00 for first item and R25.00 for each additional item. what a rip off. bob should do something about these over rated shipping charges:mad:

lilythepink

The best thing is to report excessive shipping to community watch by using the "spot a problem" button on each adverts page!

DennisPM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RISadler viewpost.gif

Great idea!!:):)