Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

More excessive postage!

BUYandSAVE    10
BUYandSAVE

if the shipping is for speed services door 2 door delivery than its reasonable , did you ask the seller what option she offering before opening up the thread?

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I tend to agree with Cali's comment about it being excessive postage. Seller is the one who should specify if it is door-to-door and she doesn't, so one quite rightly assumes she means ordinary post.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade

This seller must definitely be warned. In the sale of the Ferrari cellphone, he decided to charge the buyer an additional 5% bank charges on a sale of R1450, 00. He actually said to the buyer to pay R180, 00 towards bank charges! Look at the Q&A's.

Nowhere in his listings does he specify any additional charges!

Nokia - FERRARI 599GTB CELLPHONE ALL NETWORKS for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane

mellowred    10
mellowred

What about the 10% (of the order value) insurance fee in the listing.

Overall impression is - very suspect.

BUYandSAVE    10
BUYandSAVE

R50 Postage is hardly excessive , that item needs to be packaged well as its fragile , If he was charging R250 plus thats excessive,however excessive postage is matter of opinion some ppl think R30 for postage is excessive , where do you draw the line ? 5% for Bank Charges seems expensive not excessive , 20% would be excessive. just my 5c for tonight.

jacque31    10
jacque31
This seller must definitely be warned. In the sale of the Ferrari cellphone, he decided to charge the buyer an additional 5% bank charges on a sale of R1450, 00. He actually said to the buyer to pay R180, 00 towards bank charges! Look at the Q&A's.

Nowhere in his listings does he specify any additional charges!

Nokia - FERRARI 599GTB CELLPHONE ALL NETWORKS for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane

As far as i can see all the charges is in the listing. But stupidly expensive. 5% bank charge is stupid, and 10% for insurance:rolleyes: not even gonna go there. Some people are willing to pay more but that doesn't mean it's just expensive. I agree that this is excessive!

SUNMASTER    10
SUNMASTER

2008 Birthday R5 - GRADED MANDELA COIN FROM THE MINT MS66 90TH BIRTHDAY R5 for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane

COUNTER TO COUNTER

R150.00 for the first item

R50.00 each additional item

Free shipping for orders of R5,000.00 or more

Insurance is charged at an additional 10.00% of the order value

Question & Answer

Q

Dis geen wonder jou munte verkoop vir R1 elk,jou posgeld is belaglik!!!!!!!! - Asked by finro (101 rating3.gif)

07 Apr 17:19

A

Hi meneer ons het byer veilings op bob met elke een het sy eie shipping charges so jy kan enige een kies

07 Apr 19:44

mellowred    10
mellowred

Q

Dis geen wonder jou munte verkoop vir R1 elk,jou posgeld is belaglik!!!!!!!! - Asked by finro (101 rating3.gif)

07 Apr 17:19

A

Hi meneer ons het byer veilings op bob met elke een het sy eie shipping charges so jy kan enige een kies

07 Apr 19:44

The cheeky answer on that one appeals to my sense of humour.

But that aside, his charges are excessive.

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins
2008 Birthday R5 - GRADED MANDELA COIN FROM THE MINT MS66 90TH BIRTHDAY R5 for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane

COUNTER TO COUNTER

R150.00 for the first item

R50.00 each additional item

Free shipping for orders of R5,000.00 or more

Insurance is charged at an additional 10.00% of the order value

Maybe time for a new selling category: "postage & packaging".

Sellers that want to sell "postage & packaging" can advertise their product there and if they want to add in a free item, it is up to them :D

e.g "Speed Services counter-to-counter shipping - R150. Free pair of earrings included with each shipment" :D

mellowred    10
mellowred

Good one Renaldo :D

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hopefully not too many people will be bidding on items where sellers ask absolutely outrageous packaging and shipping charges. The one Renaldo has listed above is by "one of us" and I am surprised! We are called the "KKK Club on BoB" for good reasons - kaalvoet klonkie kleingeld" (LOL)

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins
Hopefully not too many people will be bidding on items where sellers ask absolutely outrageous packaging and shipping charges. The one Renaldo has listed above is by "one of us" and I am surprised! We are called the "KKK Club on BoB" for good reasons - kaalvoet klonkie kleingeld" (LOL)

Don't know if you perhaps thought it was listed by Sunmaster, but it was just quoted by Sunmaster.

I thought it was kaalg@t kabouter konglomorasie :D

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Oops, apologies - great apologies. Yes, I did think it was Sunmaster. Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! (Okay, now that's over, Renaldo can't it be the "kaalg@t kabouter kleingeld konglomorasie", i.e. KKKK? Perhaps we need the others votes on this? :D

windrider    10
windrider

Came across this whilst browsing Snap Friday Auction for the Jewellery and Watches category.

If starting price is R1.00 of each item, u must pay the shipping fee for each item, no matter how many u buy,

because we do not offer combine shipping.Pls do not bid, if u do not agree my terms!!!

This is a good example of excessive postage.I see this as a way to recoup costs via shipping charges. So for the 4 items I was interested in, I would have to pay R160 (R40 econopost per item)?Sorry, I won't be bidding on this seller's items anytime soon.

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

Keep in mind . Some sellers push there prices ski -hi , I always charge standard ratings of postage no matter if it goes up or not

SUNMASTER    10
SUNMASTER
It is not only the postage fees that looks suspect, but also the ratings given to only one certain buyer in the past 8 days?

Ratings received by momojo on bidorbuy.co.za

momojo (13 rating1.gif) Blacklisted

Status is Blacklisted

100.00% positive ratings

Located in Pretoria / Tshwane

Member since 01 Apr 2010

:rolleyes: Someone lost 13 positive ratings .

Well done Morne ;)

qball    11
qball

Please folks, keep the banter to a minimum in the Community Watch forum threads.

Thank you

Cuan

voldermort    10
voldermort

I was just browsing through the Crazy Wednesday auctions to see if there is anything interesting, something did interest me until I saw the shipping. I have copied it below for those who may think it is for overnight postage, the delivery time clearly shows it is not overnight & posted via economail. Absolute rip off. :mad:

Within Johannesburg R55.00 for first item, R15.00 each additional item. Elsewhere in South Africa R75.00 for first item, R20.00 each additional item. Allow 4 days for local delivery around JoBurg, and a week for elsewhere in South Africa. International shipping only if arranged by the buyer.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Why the different rates for within Jhb and the rest of the country? Post Office tariffs are the same whether posting next door or across the country. Only courier rates would differ and as you say, this is being posted econo parcel

Guest Guest   
Guest Guest

I think couriers are better even though they are a bit more expensive. The goods at least arrive intact

tramps    10
tramps

shipping overcharge

i have a problem with postage charged by some ebook sellers. i have bought these when i started on bob. i was charged a high postage and received the cd through normal R4-50 post in a normal envelope. i have just bid on an item on wednesday auction ID 20889859 where it costs R55-00 to send the first item and R27-50 for each following item. isn't this a ripoff. the buyer also has 15095 ratings. i also do not know what other fees are supposed to be listed under shipping except packaging, handling and postage.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

And another one:

Diamonds - DIAMONDS!!!!!! VS1 0.010CTS I-J COLOURS (EACH) for sale in Pretoria / Tshwane

For one single 1 pointer (+-1mm) diamond - R150 postage...

You can add another tiny miniscule dust-sized diamond at R32, and another one at another R32, etc.

So, for a parcel of 5 diamonds which will weigh less than the envelope itself, you will have to fork out R278 in postage alone!

Granted it sounds like the postage is via courier, but is the envelope made of gold?

PS. On his other items listed, the postage costs are more realistic at R50 for the first item, and R10 per additional item - speed services.

His non-R1 crazy diamond listings are R100 for the first item, and R10 thereafter.

And for the identical listing but the non-R1 start - R50 for the first diamond, and R10 per diamond thereafter.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/20918611/DIAMONDS_VS1_0_010CTS_I_J_COLOURS_EACH.html

Just goes to show that his R1 crazy listings have excessive postage - trying to recoup costs perhaps???

mellowred    10
mellowred
Just goes to show that his R1 crazy listings have excessive postage - trying to recoup costs perhaps???

Blatant abuse of the crazy auction facility. :mad:

Why worry if you only get R1 when you are making a R70 income out of your P&P.