Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

What Happens If.........

voldermort

I have a buyer who over the past few monthes has bought close on 100 items from me, all paid timeously & no problems at all. Usually buys a batch of +- 10 items, puts in his order & pays.

However last 15 or so items he bought nearly 2 weeks ago, no order received & no payment.

The first email I sent him inquiring about payment outstanding he responded that there were a few other items coming up in a day or 2 that he also wanted to buy.....he did not.

The second email I sent him just a few days ago I received no response at all.

Generally I do understand that computers crash, people get sick etc etc however I sent the 2nd email on 18 March in the morning & on 18 March in the evning he was bidding on other seller's items, thus leading me to believe that he is not sick, his pc did not crash etc he just decided to ignore my email.

Looking at ratings he has given to sellers, he does not seem to give a lot of ratings to any seller......he has bought approximately 500 items to date from various sellers & yet has only given about 100 ratings.

So obviously the next step would be to snc him..........however out of the nearly 100 items he bought from me, he rated me on maybe half (& no, there was nothing wrong with the remaining items he purchased which could be why he didn't rate me, he just doesn't seem to give many ratings) meaning that there are still a whole lot of outstanding ratings from his side.

Now I understand that if you snc a buyer & you are in the right they cannot rate you for those items.....but what if they revenge rate you for other items as in the situation I have just described??

As I understand it you have a year from completion of sale to rate/edit any ratings, so am I wrong in assuming that he could very well pick up on items he bought monthes ago from me which he still has not rated me for & give me negative ratings now for those items as retaliation if I do file an snc?

Thus before I do send these snc's I shall wait until Tuesday morning to contact BoB & make 100% sure of what the outcome could be, however perhaps this is one of the reasons why it should be absolutely compulsory to give ratings when you buy/sell.

jacque31

Hi. Yes this is a tricky situation. Also notice that a lot of people don't give the ratings very soon or at all in some cases even though it seems that they are satisfied with the item, because if they were not then a negative rating would come flying in fast. Kind of sad, some people are fast to complain if something goes wrong but can't be bothered if it goes right. Sure you pay and things must go right, but at least if nothing else follow the rules, in this case completing the transaction by rating. And i don't want to even talk about revenge ratings, all i can say is pathetic really! Think there should be a rule that you need to rate within 3,4 or 5 days or maybe a week, but that's already more than enough time! If not freeze their account or something. If this was the case then you would not sit in a position that they can revenge rate you for the previous items. Sometimes people can be idiots really and you will always get that kind of people. I would also wait to hear what BoB have to say, but like i said if it's a shorter time given to rate this particular situation can be avoided. Good luck with this;)

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi voldermort

This could potentially be a problem. I would follow the same route you are taking. Perhaps rate neutrally in the meantime which might give him pause for thought and you might then get payment. I know that buyers that by alot of items often get confused with what they've paid and what they haven't paid.

Little Miss Muffet

He is not allowed to rate you on previous auctions for present auctions.

Someone did that to me and Morne removed it.

The only thing is he had not bought anything but changed positive to negative because I closed an auction in "someone's favour" as he put it.

I think it depends on the length of time since the other purchases that he has not rated you on so that you can prove it is because you filed an snc.

I had a buyer recently who has not paid but he has always paid for items in the past and has bought a number of items from me.

I filed an snc but just did not rate him at all.

lilythepink

@ geewhizz & voldermort - it's always really sad when a previously good buyer suddenly becomes "bad". Hope these buyers sort you out pronto.

voldermort

Hi all & thanks for the input/suggestions.

I will definately be waiting to confirm with BoB what could happen although commonsense would suggest that if one were to file x amount of snc's to a buyer & then suddenly receive xx amount of negatives from said buyer for previous purchases....something is most assuredly amiss!

In the meantime I have sent another email to buyer giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Will wait to see what, if anything, transpires.

jacque31

Good luck. Sure it will work out;)

lilythepink
Hi all & thanks for the input/suggestions.

I will definately be waiting to confirm with BoB what could happen although commonsense would suggest that if one were to file x amount of snc's to a buyer & then suddenly receive xx amount of negatives from said buyer for previous purchases....something is most assuredly amiss!

In the meantime I have sent another email to buyer giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Will wait to see what, if anything, transpires.

Well, I have a Seller (whom I would have recommended to anyone) not supplying me with an item I paid for a month ago. Very, very disappointing indeed. :mad: