Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Search not working properly...

RISadler    10
RISadler

From the Home Page I did a search using "pentax-a" and get heaps of irrelevant results, like this one: Proof Sets - " FINEST KNOWN " COMPLETE PROTEA R1 SET - NGC GRADED - 1991 TO 2009 - ALL 21 X COINS ON ONE AUCTION. for sale in Johannesburg

I even tried enclosing the term in double-quotes, but I still get the same results. What gives?

And what about wildcards? They also don't seem to work.

Craig    10
Craig

When I did exactly the same thing now I got perfect results.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Nope, it doesn't work correctly. I am searching for "pentax-a" (note the dash and the letter A). There are no PENTAX-A lenses on auction, so the search should return zero results.

It would appear that your search engine translates the dash ("-") into a space and then runs off to search for "pentax" and "a". Definitely not correct behaviour.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Here's another one: When you search for items relating to a town (e.g. "mossel bay") then you also get all the items of sellers located there.

RISadler    10
RISadler

Hello! Anybody home!?

qball    10
qball

Hi

If you search for a town, for example, Mossel Bay, the site will return results for seller's based in Mossel Bay, as it may be relevant to the person searching. The system is supposed to do this.

Kind regards

Cuan

RISadler    10
RISadler

OK, but what if it is not relevant? How do I exclude sellers based in location X?

qball    10
qball

The most relevant search results will come up first, followed by users based in Mossel bay. You could try using the filtering at the top of the search results - by filtering by location. Unfortunately the site does not have the facility to exclude certain sellers yet.