Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mialee60

please help with some advice

Recommended Posts

mialee60

hi every one. i am a new seller on bid or buy and i would just like to get some more info.

i have recieved an order from a person and i am a basic seller.my payment option is only bob eft. i have recieved his order but he does not want to follow my terms. he wants to meet and exchange cash even though my payment option is bobeft only. he says that the reason why is because his dogs eats his mail.i sent him an email stating that i cannot accept cash and now even though he has placed an order he has kindly informed me that he will pass on the order because i will not accept his terms. what do i do now can i relist my item straight away and file a snc after 6 days or must i wait after 6 days file an snc then relist my item. ? is it not a contract why must i change my terms .just some advice please guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
retailrush
hi every one. i am a new seller on bid or buy and i would just like to get some more info.

i have recieved an order from a person and i am a basic seller.my payment option is only bob eft. i have recieved his order but he does not want to follow my terms. he wants to meet and exchange cash even though my payment option is bobeft only. he says that the reason why is because his dogs eats his mail.i sent him an email stating that i cannot accept cash and now even though he has placed an order he has kindly informed me that he will pass on the order because i will not accept his terms. what do i do now can i relist my item straight away and file a snc after 6 days or must i wait after 6 days file an snc then relist my item. ? is it not a contract why must i change my terms .just some advice please guys

 

Hi and welcome to the Forum...

 

Could you post a link to this sale so we can see who the buyer is please?

 

Firstly - The buyer would have to collect his parcel at the Post Office, so I would presume he could then keep the parcel away from his dog... (doesn't sound like a good excuse to me).

 

Secondly - If this is a high value item and you want to re-coup the success fee due to a non-sale, then you have to follow the SNC route otherwise BoB won't credit you - in which case you can only re-list the item once the process is finalised...

 

If the success fee is minimal and you are happy to pay it, then, in this case, because he has stated in an e-mail that he will "pass on the order", I would re-list the item straight away and not go the SNC route. Just keep the e-mail as proof though.

 

Could other forum members confirm if my last statement is good advise - I don't want to mislead...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilythepink

I agree with the advice from retailrush! But, what a weedy excuse - his dog eats his mail! Can't he put up a dog-proof letter box? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RISadler

The buyer must accept the terms set by the seller. End of story. If the buyer refuses, then file an SNC. Never agree to meet buyers or sellers in private. If you must, then always pick a very public place, like a coffee shop in a busy mall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×