Sign in to follow this  
RISadler

Search terms in URL...

RISadler

Is it possible to change the search system so that the terms are contained in the URL?

I would like to refer people to BoB from my website by saying they should check out what is on auction of a specific item. So I need to create a search... e.g.

"A good place to find bargains on TAKUMAR lenses is www.bidorbuy.co.za."

The URL then contains my affiliate code and links to a search result page.

Craig
Is it possible to change the search system so that the terms are contained in the URL?

I would like to refer people to BoB from my website by saying they should check out what is on auction of a specific item. So I need to create a search... e.g.

"A good place to find bargains on TAKUMAR lenses is www.bidorbuy.co.za."

The URL then contains my affiliate code and links to a search result page.

Hi RISadler

Thank you for your post. You can do this and its fairly easy if you know about creating basic links etc.

Step 1:

Step 2:

Go to My bidorbuy > Selling, then click on the Affiliate Tab and then click Banner Advertisement.

1463353_100305125150_Affiliate_page.PNG

Step 3:

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you'll see a link to make a text link. You'll see some code there that looks something like this below:

You can change the highlighted part of the link to to link of the specific product that you want to show people.

So for example, I want to sell my MouseRugs that I have on bidorbuy. The link to my product is:

So if I wanted to link to this product with my affiliate link id do this:

Your result would look something like this (and obviously you could change the text part to suit your needs:

My Referral Link

Hope this helps you!

Craig

RISadler

Thanks for the instructions, but it's not quite what I want to do. I want to link to a search result page, e.g. Takumar lenses on Google, but using Search on bidorbuy.co.za The current search system appears to use "sessions" to store the terms and conditions used for the search. I want to be able to use "GET", so that I can construct my own URLs.

Craig
Thanks for the instructions, but it's not quite what I want to do. I want to link to a search result page, e.g. Takumar lenses on Google, but using Search on bidorbuy.co.za The current search system appears to use "sessions" to store the terms and conditions used for the search. I want to be able to use "GET", so that I can construct my own URLs.

Ok, try this search link instead:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/tradesearch/TradeSearchLinkForm.jsp

You'll see its a little more advanced than the normal advanced search.

Be sure to insert your USER ID in the Referral ID.

Once you have finished there, select the generated link and put that in the place as mentioned in my previous post.

The generated would look something like this:

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/jsp/tradesearch/TradeSearchLinkResultsPage.jsp?PageTitle=Takumar Lenses&IncludedKeywords=Takumar&KeywordHandling=AND&categoryId=2540&ID=123456
Try that and let me know if this helps.

RISadler

Perfect!