Q'S and G's

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

I have a problem distinguising betwen a G or Q in a users

email address given with their details

qball    10
qball

Hi Pam

Sorry, not sure what you would like us to do? Have you changed the font size?

Kind regards

Cuan

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

I didn;\'t know one can change the font size on the information on our sales page

It is difficult telling i.e an address like CVQ whether it is CVG or CVQ. I mean glasier would obviously be a g .

They look very much the same--the line hides the curve or something

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I have a similar problem as geewhizz when there is underlining, especially when it relates to an email. Sometimes it helps to use a magnifying glass, other times I just send an email directly from my seller's page to the buyer's email address given there. :)

Technik    10
Technik

Reading some text, or checking detail on a picture whilst using an internet browser could be a strain on the eyes - mine in particular. A quick solution that works for me is to use the "Ctrl +" - to enlarge the web-page, "Ctrl -" to get it smaller again (or use the Menu Options "View - Zoom") and "Ctrl 0" in Firefox and Chrome to restore the "normal" view again.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
Reading some text, or checking detail on a picture whilst using an internet browser could be a strain on the eyes - mine in particular. A quick solution that works for me is to use the "Ctrl +" - to enlarge the web-page, "Ctrl -" to get it smaller again (or use the Menu Options "View - Zoom") and "Ctrl 0" in Firefox and Chrome to restore the "normal" view again.

Thanks for your help.

Now let me see if this computer nurd "geewhizz" can follow that instruction:D

admin    0
admin

Holding down Ctrl and scrolling with the mouse wheel also enlarges and decreases the page. ;)

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

Managed to sort it out but it would be better if the line was removed from under the email address then we can see it at a glance and not have to control things.

Mind you I think I have lost control long ago.:D

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Yes, I think the underlining could disappear and make it easier for us to read first time round. Just a suggestion.

qball    10
qball

The norm for internet sites is to underline clickable links. This is the universal usage to indicate a link to a user. :)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Thanks, Cuan. But you know that most of us on this Forum are not "the norm"!! :)

qball    10
qball

Yes, I am aware of this... ;)

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

q's and g's --i's and j's Email addresses are very hard to distinquish

geewhizz    20
geewhizz
q's and g's --i's and j's Email addresses are very hard to distinquish[/quote

Just ignore this. Had an answer before. In any case if one scrolls over the email address with the mouse the line disappears and the email address can be seen better

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

It's good to know that we, on the Forum, are not as dense as some may think we are! :P

Lukeness    10
Lukeness

Copy and paste them instead, that way you can't really go wrong

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

Actually the email address is on the sale after it closes and if one sends an email to the buyer the email address is then recorded but I dont always do what I should be doing.

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

When I queried this in March it was because I had to take the users email address off my sales list and type it out because when I click on the clickable link to the users email address I got the message http cannot be found.

The reason for this was that I did not have the outlook express loaded on my computer to send the mail to gmail.

Such a simple thing that makes life easier.

Digitrade    10
Digitrade
Holding down Ctrl and scrolling with the mouse wheel also enlarges and decreases the page. ;)

THANK YOU! This even works in my MS Word, Excel. Outlook and my other designing software programs. Never too old too learn!