Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

Revenge Ratings with comments?

wayjen

I have mentioned this before but here goes again.

A buyer won quite a few auctions from us and never paid. We wern't sure what to do as this buyer was verified and has plenty ratings next to their name, (i did post about it before on the forum).

We were told to exhaust all avenues of communication and get a phone number from BoB as the only contact details were an email address which the buyer was not responding to so i phone Bob and even they could not contact the buyer so an SNC was filed. Soon after the filing the buyer paid and we gave them a neutral rating as there was no communication at all from their side but they had paid hence the neutral rating. The buyer is upset about the neutral rating and has twice sent us proof of payment but proof of payment only after the filing of the SNC.

The buyer has now rated us with some positives and some neutrals all with comments attached and I personally feel that the comments are unjustified as the buyer was in the wrong and to me this is just another case of old BoBbers trying to dictate how and when they will pay and making out as if they are untouchable.

Wayne

voldermort
I have mentioned this before but here goes again.

A buyer won quite a few auctions from us and never paid. We wern't sure what to do as this buyer was verified and has plenty ratings next to their name, (i did post about it before on the forum).

We were told to exhaust all avenues of communication and get a phone number from BoB as the only contact details were an email address which the buyer was not responding to so i phone Bob and even they could not contact the buyer so an SNC was filed. Soon after the filing the buyer paid and we gave them a neutral rating as there was no communication at all from their side but they had paid hence the neutral rating. The buyer is upset about the neutral rating and has twice sent us proof of payment but proof of payment only after the filing of the SNC.

The buyer has now rated us with some positives and some neutrals all with comments attached and I personally feel that the comments are unjustified as the buyer was in the wrong and to me this is just another case of old BoBbers trying to dictate how and when they will pay and making out as if they are untouchable.

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Usually when I receive a bid from a buyer/seller I will wait longer than my said 3 days that I state in my auctions, regardless of their ratings.......I will only file an snc after the exact 7 days are up if the buyer has a lot of negatives, I know they have no intention of paying etc, otherwise I usually give them the benefit of the doubt and file an snc 14 days after sale was completed.

Only on rare occasions has it then bn necessary to actually file a snc eg: I sold quite a few items to a buyer with average ratings..sent emails etc with no response, after 10 days they replied that their isp was down & when they received the items they were very happy & stated so in their ratings. In these days I think a lot of people are battling for money so after they bid & win they need a chance to get the money necessary together which is another reason why I will wait 14 days or so before filing an snc.

That all said however, if you have filed an snc & then the buyer does pay......to avoid exactly this ie: revenge rating... do not leave feedback first.

Even a simple rating eg: buyer paid but was very slow in paying could & probably would result in a revenge rating hence my policy.........if snc filed and buyer pays once snc is retracted wait for the buyer to leave feedback before you leave your feedback.

Hope this helps :)

wayjen

thats fine and i understand that and we gave the buyer a week or more to pay or even communicate with us the last resort was to file an SNC.

The last item won was on the sixth, we emailed for payment on 11th filed SNC on 15th due to no response from the buyer.

Now that is not being unfair.

lilythepink

I'm going through something similar with a buyer in PE who won two of my items for a R1.00 each and just decided that when she came through to Grahamstown she could pick the items up and pay me the R2.00. I told her it didn't work like that - I do not do collections or deliveries. Now she's taking ages to pay and, when I write a decent email and ask her if she has a problem, I get a whole lot of lip.

Breathe deeply now lily, breathe deeply ...

wayjen

and another rates us neutral when the item is sitting in a post office near them. Why do we give tracking numbers then?

lilythepink

Well, my problem buyer has paid - never mind that it's long overdue but I'm sending the item to her anyway, just to put an end to her ridiculousness!

Cali Craft and Gems

@wayjen - I am very surprised at the buyer concerned as I have dealt with her as a buyer and seller for many years.

Perhaps something is going on in her "personal" life which has made her act / react like this as it is not her norm.

Maybe just drop her a nice email and ask what you could do to rectify the situation in order for her to change the ratings. Offer to change yours too maybe. Sometimes we have to swallow the bitter along with the chocolate!

wayjen
@wayjen - I am very surprised at the buyer concerned as I have dealt with her as a buyer and seller for many years.

Perhaps something is going on in her "personal" life which has made her act / react like this as it is not her norm.

Maybe just drop her a nice email and ask what you could do to rectify the situation in order for her to change the ratings. Offer to change yours too maybe. Sometimes we have to swallow the bitter along with the chocolate!

We will look at that Cali Craft but i see the buyer has quite a few negatives for the same reason. Once again communication is the name of the game.

Little Miss Muffet

Give me chocolate. Melted chocolate all over a big bowl of real ice cream made with real cream and condensed milk and some caramel too.

Cali Craft and Gems

Now now geewhiz - control yourself! I've just downed a cup of coffee to take my mind off chocolate... (and to wake up!)

LOL

Little Miss Muffet
Now now geewhiz - control yourself! I've just downed a cup of coffee to take my mind off chocolate... (and to wake up!)

And coffee flavoured ice cream too.

Cape Town is cooking.

I will take a photo of my bowl of ice cream and post it.

Will send Wayjen some to take his mind off ratings

lilythepink

Wayne has just been nominated KING OF THE ROAD (in his trolley, sox & sandals, bag ladies, et al.) So hopefully that has cheered him up considerably. lol

wayjen

ratings ratings ratings rantings

lilythepink

Don't let the ratings get you down, Wayne. You'll learn to cope with all of them as time goes by (remind me that I said that next time someone gives me a revenge rating!!) Cheer up!

wayjen

i can expect bad ratings if we in the wrong but if people don't communicate or do some of their own legwork then i get irritated.

kinleroux

Well my viewpoint is that it is just business. I keep feelings out of this.

I use the following policies I put in place for myself.

1. Wait 1 week for payment then send a nice payment request e-mail.

2. Wait another week and file SNC and rate buyer negative.

3. Use the Bob "block buyer" facility so buyer can not buy/bid from me again.

4. If paid I change rating, if SNC is awarded I don't.

5. If negative rating is then received from buyer I contact BoB and let them investigate this illegal revenge rating.

I do not get personally involved, I keep it sweet, simple and professional. If they give me lip, I still stay professional and keep going through the points above.

Now, the above is ONLY relevant to non/late payers and not buyers that have product, shipping and other problems. Help where you can, keep postage fast, supply good products, keep your word and honor your guarantees. In other words keep your side clean.

This is how I do it and this keeps me sane and at the same time keep my paying customers happy. I do not care about the non payers and give them the minimum of my time and effort. My time and efforts are spend on paying customers :-)

Regards.

Kin

Little Miss Muffet
Well my viewpoint is that it is just business. I keep feelings out of this.

I use the following policies I put in place for myself.

1. Wait 1 week for payment then send a nice payment request e-mail.

2. Wait another week and file SNC and rate buyer negative.

3. Use the Bob "block buyer" facility so buyer can not buy/bid from me again.

4. If paid I change rating, if SNC is awarded I don't.

5. If negative rating is then received from buyer I contact BoB and let them investigate this illegal revenge rating.

I do not get personally involved, I keep it sweet, simple and professional. If they give me lip, I still stay professional and keep going through the points above.

Now, the above is ONLY relevant to non/late payers and not buyers that have product, shipping and other problems. Help where you can, keep postage fast, supply good products, keep your word and honor your guarantees. In other words keep your side clean.

This is how I do it and this keeps me sane and at the same time keep my paying customers happy. I do not care about the non payers and give them the minimum of my time and effort. My time and efforts are spend on paying customers :-)

Regards.

Kin

Lovely approach and I have had to teach myself to keep my cool as I have got on my high horse far too quickly in the past.

Vinyl Lady Decals
Lovely approach and I have had to teach myself to keep my cool as I have got on my high horse far too quickly in the past.

Of course, this approach is always best and I do try, I must say I am getting better at it, but some days it can get me down.

They say patience and understanding are not qualities we are born with, but come with experience and practice, practice, practice.

greentech2013

It is simply because BOB allow this to happen.

brent_murray

Buyers are also subjected to revenge ratings.

I bought and paid for a mouse from Firstshop on the 28th of October. I was emailed a quote and a proforma invoice same day and was told I would be notified when I could collect.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/118501120/Logitech_Wireless_Mouse_M305_910_002003.html

A week later Sheenez phones me and tells me the item isn't in stock and there's a 6-8 week waiting list. She asks if I will wait or accept a refund, I opt for the refund.

I then proceeded in giving Firstshop the negative rating they so richly deserved and in return I got the same except I did what every seller dreams buyers would do and that is pay 10 minutes after clicking the buy now button.

I just don't see how my negative rating is justified.

Firstshop's motivation for giving me the negative rating is because I didn't inquire first about stock availability.

The item was listed on BoB and the quantity available listed was 1. What did I need to inquire about? I was sent a proforma invoice and a quote for an item I had already bought and paid for. Why did it take a week for Firstshop to establish they had no stock?

90% of their negative ratings result in them reciprocating with a negative rating.

brent_murray

Mmmm, interesting. SNC was filed and the purchase over turned. I see when that happens the ratings relating to the "non purchase" are also over turned/deleted...

Miss Jewels

If Firstshop is not on the authorized dropshippers list, then they are only allowed to advertise goods on hand. Maybe Admin needs to look into this.

qball

Firstshop has been recently added as a tradefeed, the list has been updated. Any revenge rating issues can be reported to hello@bidorbuy.co.za.

Thank you.

brent_murray
Firstshop has been recently added as a tradefeed, the list has been updated. Any revenge rating issues can be reported to hello@bidorbuy.co.za.

Thank you.

Tradefeed? Not sure what that means?