Sign in to follow this  
Steve87

Excess Baggage!!

Steve87    10
Steve87

Hey there,

I don't know if you have noticed yet but we have a few new sub-categories in the travel and entertainment Category. If you need to travel what is the first thing you check for before you start packing? I don't know about you but i need to have my compass ready always, because of my great sense of direction.:D If you haven't seen it, you might like to go have a look.

We have added a Luggage and Travel Bags category as well as a Travel accessories sub-category to the main category. Now you can list any of your own travel "have-to-haves" on the site.

So for all those who have their items listed elsewhere on the site, you can now list your items in the right category. Thank you!

And before i leave, just out of curiosity what can't you leave home without every time you travel?

qball    10
qball

a passport?

mellowred    10
mellowred
a passport?

Would it be legal to sell my British passport on BoB? ;)

admin    0
admin

The kids :mad:

mellowred    10
mellowred
The kids :mad:

No human trafficking allowed Andries!!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Myself, I suppose.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

The first thing is the camera bag (with two digital cameras, the video camera, and the small binoculars), the big binoculars, the batteries, chargers, etc. Not forgetting the film camera in case there is an opportunity to use the panoramic feature.

Then the GPS, the list of geocaches in the area we're going to, hubby's radio (for ham transmissions) which is now a permanent fixture in MY car! Uhm... then the map book (we usually go to CT), lists of where we're staying & "things to do", etc.

Then the obvious - pack like you're going away for a month yet it's only a few days, the cooler box with liquid food (LOL), braai stuff, picnic stuff, patch blanket, spare pillow, etc.

My poor little car gets so overloaded! We spent one night away the other night (5 of us) and not even a mouse could have been squeezed in - jam packed! But usually when it's just hubby & me travelling, we try to travel quite light as we return with boxes of stock! Next trip in is May... can't wait!

voldermort    10
voldermort
Myself, I suppose.

That must be the correct answer.....you can leave the kids behind, you don't need a passport if you are going from one city to another by car, but if you leave yourself behind....you are going nowhere :) good job, Lily.