Sign in to follow this  
Craig

How can we make photography better on bidorbuy?

Craig

Hi Guys

Hope the shopping and selling is going well! I've been really impressed with the photography listings I've been seeing lately!

If you're involved in the photography category as a buyer or seller, I'd be really interested in hearing what you'd like to see to make your experience better in this category.

While we cannot always implement all suggestions, we consider each one so please do give us feedback!

That said, lets keep this thread to the topic at hand.

Regards

Craig

RISadler

Well, obviously I'd like to see more secondhand lenses for sale, irrespective of condition. And less new Canon L-series lenses and more of the "Ugly Ducklings" at affordable prices.

Another problem (in my opinion) is the Photography & Lenses section under Antiques & Collectables. OK, not really such a big problem, because one can find some real bargains there as I don't think the photographers also trawl that section.

RISadler

Yet another suggestion is for you to get involved in creating discussions on this sub-forum. Pick subjects that will generate listings and sales, like:

• What's the best MF lens to use on a Canon / Nikon DSLR?
  • Are EF primes, like the "Ugly Ducklings," better than L-series zooms?
  • My next Interchangable Lens Digital Camera: full-frame, APS-C or 4/3'rds?
  • The joy of shooting Ilford XP2, aka Why you must have a film body to complement your DSLR?
  • Are colour correcting and/or shifting filters still applicable in digital photography?

(I specifically didn't mention "Pentax DSLR" in my first suggestion, because with them the obvious choice is PENTAX-M or early-model PENTAX-A lenses. Lucky sods.)

Craig

Me? you want me? Ha ha :cool:

Thanks for the input RISadler!

RISadler

Well, GraigLubbe, obviously you. I get nothing out of BoB, apart from the odd bargain and regular invoices.

RISadler

OK, I understand you guys hold selling seminars, right? How about telling sellers to list broken photographic equipment, obviously describing it as "broken, for repair or parts"? Especially wanted are lenses and SLR cameras.

Craig

Learn to sell photography products on bidorbuy

OK, I understand you guys hold selling seminars, right? How about telling sellers to list broken photographic equipment, obviously describing it as "broken, for repair or parts"? Especially wanted are lenses and SLR cameras.

Thats right, we do hold selling seminars on a regular basis.

Just understand that we have people who are interested in selling all sorts of items and not just photography products. That said, we encourage people to sell just about anything and I've passed on the request.