Keeps you up at night?

Freaks you out?

And absolutely fascinates you, when it comes to horror stories?:eek:

Technik    10
Technik

My Income Tax Return

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

Blatant disregard for human life, murder, suspence, getting into the killer's mind, getting into the victim's mind, twisted plots and unpredictable endings. With that said, anything involving monsters or unrealistic beings is a turnoff. Keep it as real as possible and I'm hooked until the last page!

voldermort    10
voldermort

Fiction: Without hesitation.....The Shining by Stephen King, I have read it more times then I care to remember, have watched the DVD countless times and it still scares the wits out of me :o

Non Fiction: The Stranger Beside Me by Ann Rule (Ted Bundy) all that predetermined planning & scheming...........:(

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Blatant disregard for human life, murder, suspence, getting into the killer's mind, getting into the victim's mind, twisted plots and unpredictable endings. With that said, anything involving monsters or unrealistic beings is a turnoff. Keep it as real as possible and I'm hooked until the last page!

I seem to have similar favourites to voldermort and Asha Craft! No wonder we're all so scatty on this Forum. :o

Mad about Jack    10
Mad about Jack

Malema's income and expenditure sheet........:D

qball    10
qball

Working for bidorbuy....:P

mellowred    10
mellowred

Like Asha Craft I like real life psychos. I do read Dean Koontz as he writes a believable type of "science fiction".

The more psychological nastiness the better. :D

mellowred    10
mellowred

Oh, and let me not forget Wayjen's daily life sagas!

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

It seems we are a bunch of twisted bobbers... I love it!

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
Oh, and let me not forget Wayjen's daily life sagas!

Absolutely agree. Voldermort also gives us some "nightmare" reading at times!! And so does JPBon (although we seem to have been neglecting him lately!) :P

alloway65    10
alloway65

Buying "Gemstones" on BoB!!!!!!!!:(:confused:;):rolleyes:

qball    10
qball

Hi All

Please stay on topic... I know mine was off topic ;)

Thanks.

Cuan

windrider    10
windrider

"The silence of the lambs" by Thomas Harris. The book chilled me more than watching the movie ever did. "Needful things" by Stephen King is not exactly a horror, but it is absolutely worth reading to be spooked by human nature.

I'm a fan of the science fiction and fantasy, but good horror stories are rare to find in those genres.

wayjen    10
wayjen

knowing Admin is watching my every move gives me the heebie jeebies. ok on topic now, I read a book many years ago called Michelle Remembers (i think thats the title) about a girl growing up in a satanic coven and the things that went on there, which included her parents, was frightening.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
"The silence of the lambs" by Thomas Harris. The book chilled me more than watching the movie ever did. "Needful things" by Stephen King is not exactly a horror, but it is absolutely worth reading to be spooked by human nature.

I'm a fan of the science fiction and fantasy, but good horror stories are rare to find in those genres.

Love these and a good gothic horror.

Any story that makes you imagination take over. All of Thomas Harris' books are brilliant and much better than the movies. I was curious to see how the movies would interpret some of the scenes though, such as the ones books (don't remember which one) where the victim's brains were being cooked and served to him. Absolutely gruesome. I'm freaking out just recalling it.:o:o

mellowred    10
mellowred
Love these and a good gothic horror.

Any story that makes you imagination take over. All of Thomas Harris' books are brilliant and much better than the movies. I was curious to see how the movies would interpret some of the scenes though, such as the ones books (don't remember which one) where the victim's brains were being cooked and served to him. Absolutely gruesome. I'm freaking out just recalling it.:o:o

That scene was in Silence of the Lambs 2 (wasn't called that, but memory is shot). Can't think of the name of the actor who played the victims, but with Anthony Hopkins in the role of Hannibal it was very entertaining.

But I can just imagine reading it - our own imagination is sometimes more gruesome than the director's LOL

voldermort    10
voldermort

The Day Of The Triffids, can't remember the author, classed as a SF and yet very much of a horror story. I think that a lot of the 1950's SF especially is actually pretty scary stuff. The problem though is getting hold of books from so way back.

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

I agree, Voldermort, The Day of the Triffids is scary stuff. John Wyndham's the author - am not much into SF but he's a great writer! A book I read lately that gave me chills was 'Let the Right One In' by a Swedish writer, Lindvist. Vampire book, but not the awful brooding romantic vampire-that-sparkles-in-the-sunlight stuff - rather a chilling little girl vampire whose motives are never clear...

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

We have a pile of Terry Prachett's books (hubby loves reading them!)

voldermort    10
voldermort
I agree, Voldermort, The Day of the Triffids is scary stuff. John Wyndham's the author - am not much into SF but he's a great writer! A book I read lately that gave me chills was 'Let the Right One In' by a Swedish writer, Lindvist. Vampire book, but not the awful brooding romantic vampire-that-sparkles-in-the-sunlight stuff - rather a chilling little girl vampire whose motives are never clear...

Thank you......bn trying to remember his name all day ;)