Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

The "Hobbies" forum category is finding a new home

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Why would anyone lump hobbies with Toys? Sounds that the categories on BoB should have been changed to match the Forum, rather.

Hobbies are NOT always kids stuff!

Just a bird's point of view ... :confused:

Craig    10
Craig
Why would anyone lump hobbies with Toys? Sounds that the categories on BoB should have been changed to match the Forum, rather.

Hobbies are NOT always kids stuff!

Just a bird's point of view ... :confused:

I'm sure you'd agree, though, that toys aren't only for todlers! ;)

Craig

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Yes, Craig - a lot of men still love their "toys" (hubby loves aircraft!!) but Toys are so completely different from Hobbies that I honestly don't know how one could lump them together in one section.

Hobbies, quite frankly, should have it's own section listing the variety of hobbies (including completed items!) and, for those really rare hobbies just have a section listed as "Other". I'm keeping my beak open on this ...! ;)

Also, whilst we're on the subject of categories - whoever thought of the bright idea of lumping pets with gardens? If one is looking for a specific type of pet product, why have to wade through all the listings about seeds and things, and vice versa? I know one can type in a catch-word and it will throw things up for you but it will also throw up garden products and/or seeds (e.g. dogwood).