Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Problems with Standard Bank to Nedbank payments

Kit W

It would seem that all banks are "much of a muchness" - all there to rip you off as much as they can

Regards

Kit W

Gixy123

I have a problem with (especially!) First National Bank EFT's done via Bid or Buy. For some reason it takes anything from 3 - 5 business days to be reflected as 'payment completed'. I am currently having the same problem with a person who bought some items on 26 Febr 2010, made a BoB EFT on 01 March 2010, had to replace the payment (reasons unknown) and payment is currently still reflected as 'Awaiting Payment'. (Hmm, beginning to wonder if I'm being taken for a ride :confused: - I've sent out two emails regarding this matter to the buyer (as well as an sms) without any response.) Should I start considering a SNC? Suggestions please!

lilythepink

I'm having a similar problem with a buyer in Germany.

@ Gixy - I wouldn't file an SNC at this stage as it's barely 2 weeks. (Well, I give overseas buyers up to 21 days to pay although I don't state that in my ads!) I just think I'm managing to be "fair".

mellowred

I have never used the BoB EFT system so can't comment on that. But do know that FNB electronic transfers generally seem to take longer than those from other banks.

qball

Hi All

Please note - our Nedbank account for seller fee payments - the branch code has changed to 198765.

Nedbank did not inform us either!

Kind regards

Cuan

Bertman Trading

@Gixy123 and Mellowred - I haven't experienced problems with the Fnb Bobpay Eft before.

My last transaction was on the 25th of February 2010. I did the transfer at 08:13 and received confirmation 40 minutes later at 08:53:D

Don't try to do an express clearance transaction to any bank but Absa though.:o

Bargain Games
Had the same problem and called Standard Bank, this is what you should do.

Got to add beneficiary or once of payment, key in all info. On branch name, write ALL and click on search. It will search and give you the one number, click select and you are done.

I think Nedbank is also using one code for all branches, although no one was informed.

Why not all banks use one branch code and save us from all these headaches?

Sipho

Thanks! this works!

Cali Craft and Gems

For attention Cuan (or whoever can help):

I won an auction last week Friday (12th March) which closed at 14h00. By 14h15 I had completed the order with immediate payment. I did the BoB EFT following the instructions to the letter. As at now (Wed 17 March) 21h50, the order still reflects "awaiting payment" and the seller is not impressed!

This is not the first time there has been a delay with the Standard payments, but this is the longest wait thus far. The item purchased was supposed to be for guests who are leaving for Jhb on Friday morning - it looks like I may have to post it up to them now as it won't be here on time!

From my experience, Standard to Standard payments take a maximum of 24 hours to show on the receiver's statement (most times it's within the hour) so why the extended delays? It puts doubt in the seller's mind as to the authenticity of the proof of payment that has been sent out!

Regards,

Cali Craft & Gems

PS. Please refer to: Ticket Id for this request is: CMV-61817-842.

qball

Unfortunately the bobPay EFT system still relies on the banks to ensure prompt settlement and accurate data to allocate the payment. We have had several issues with Standard Bank, however, this is beyond our control. We are manually checking the bank accounts to trace the funds, and as soon as they are found they will be allocated to the seller's account. Under most circumstances the majority of Standard Bank payments reflect within the hour, however, it seems Standard Bank does not always credit our account immediately and as such we cannot find and allocate the payment, and then they back date it several days afterwards. We are trying to resolve this issue with them but it is not easy to resolve, especially when dealing with the banks.

Unfortunately with any system that relies on technology, there may be isolated issues which are beyond our control. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

BeadsandBaubles

Thank Goodness

Wow, am I glad to hear I am not the only one with this problem. I have a buyer who has made payment via Standard Bank a while back and my account still reflects "awaiting payment".

It's Not Me :P, Thank Goodness. At least I can direct the customer to this discussion.

Personally I changed from Standard to FNB, have never had a problem with FNB, never paid xtra for SWIFT international payments, and to date their service has been excellent. One thing about Standard though, a moneybookers payment only takes 2 days, when I load my moneybookers account which I use to make overseas purchases. It takes me 4 days total to pay in this manner when buying international and the payment to reach the seller. And I have managed to convince four businesses to add moneybookers, just sent them a nice email explaining the difficulties from SA. Sometimes it just helps to make enquiries and let them know what is easiest.

With FNB now negotiating with PayPal, I cannot wait to see what is going to happen. I just hope its gonna make life easier, lol.

lilythepink

I have posted previously about the first experience I had with BoB eft which was an absolute disaster.

It is only fair that I now report that, unwittingly (being only a half wit, I guess!) I bid on another item recently which only had BoB eft as a payment option. I followed the rules and, guess what - a hassle free transaction ensued.

Good service needs to be complimented - hence this posting. Thanks, BoB!