Sign in to follow this  
BumbleBee

Problems with Standard Bank to Nedbank payments

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

Is anyone else having problems paying to a nedbank account from standard bank internet banking? I've been trying for two days to add a beneficiary, it keeps telling me the branch code is invalid but I have paid the same seller before with the same details and it worked just fine :confused: Also I can't search for the branch name, it just says no data found, even for branched that I know exist.

retailrush    10
retailrush
Is anyone else having problems paying to a nedbank account from standard bank internet banking? I've been trying for two days to add a beneficiary, it keeps telling me the branch code is invalid but I have paid the same seller before with the same details and it worked just fine :confused: Also I can't search for the branch name, it just says no data found, even for branched that I know exist.

If the Nedbank account branch code is 6 digits long - I do know, (because I also bank with Std Bank), that you have to add two zeros on the end. Maybe you already know that - but just in case...

Wendy (retailrush)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Hi friends - I had an identical problem and even adding 00 at the end of the branch code didn't help. You must now, apparently, just type in the branch name as "all branches" and then the name of the account holder and the number of the account, then the amount and voila - you will be able to do the payment.

I find it SO frustrating that Standard Bank can't even have the decency to email us when they do changes to the payment system! I had to telephone them and ask how to do the transaction.

What are we getting for our money from the Banks these days? Zilch - just heavy bank charges! :mad:

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

This is driving me nuts, by now I'm sure that the seller thinks I'm talking poo! I've tried the 00 in front and behind, I have just tried your suggestion lily, still no joy. :(

SProducts    10
SProducts

Had the same problem and called Standard Bank, this is what you should do.

Got to add beneficiary or once of payment, key in all info. On branch name, write ALL and click on search. It will search and give you the one number, click select and you are done.

I think Nedbank is also using one code for all branches, although no one was informed.

Why not all banks use one branch code and save us from all these headaches?

Sipho

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

Thanks Sipho, your method worked perfectly :D

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Are you recovered now, BumbleBee? (I forgot to tell you that you needed to get totally out of the page you were working on with Standard Bank and THEN get onto it again - a fresh page with a fresh internet number to your phone - and then it would work if you typed in "all" or "all branches".) Sorry I'm such a dimwit this morning!

BumbleBee    10
BumbleBee

No worries lily, got it sorted, "all branches" yields no results but "all" worked first time :)

FireFly360    10
FireFly360

Std Bank to Nedbank Payments

Yes, very frustrating. I phoned Nedbank and they said to try using branch code 198765 - this is their new Universal Branch code - too bad they just forgot to tell their customers!!!!!

SProducts    10
SProducts
Yes, very frustrating. I phoned Nedbank and they said to try using branch code 198765 - this is their new Universal Branch code - too bad they just forgot to tell their customers!!!!!

And it wont even cost 30cents, they can send sms to all their registered internet banking clients.

One funny thing about teh Standard bank think, before calling them. I clicked on search without putting anything and there were no results. When I wrote a few first letters of teh branch nothing came up.

I then did the ALL thing and it came up. But after I put in ALL, thereafter I clicked without putting anything, leaving it empty and it worked. Wonder why it didnt before as it did afterwards, stupid systems!

Sipho

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

@ Sipho - no, pal, it's not the systems that are stupid - it's the banks who can't be bothered to stay in touch with their clients who are stupid! I think they could give us a whole lot better service than we are getting these days.

Technik    10
Technik

@ MProducts - the second time you entered nothing and clicked, with "ALL" returned as an option - is probably due to your browser "history" for that field - and you should check your browser settings, as it is not a good thing to let your browser log that kind of "auto-fill" history - at least not on a banking site.

mellowred    10
mellowred

One thing I find amazing with Firefox is it asks me if I want to save my Standard bank password :o.

It also autofills the card numbers.

Does not do this on Nedbank or FNB.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

That's very strange, mellowred. Doesn't do that when I log on to Standard Bank. Are you sure you're on their secure site - double-check that you are!

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi, yes the Std Bank site does do that, it just doesn't fill in the pin and password. It is secure, but this is a setting in Firefox. It does that with a number of sites, BoB included.

mellowred    10
mellowred

You are right about BoB Tananka.

Firefox asked me several times about the Standard Bank password, of course I said no and most likely turned the option off at some stage.

This must be a glitch in Standard Bank's security(?)

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

I work with Firefox and it never asks me to store passwords at any time. Perhaps the chap who installed this fancy computer set it up not to ask for them? I am such an ignoramus ...!

mellowred    10
mellowred

You can change it under tools. It's very convenient when you are the sole PC user.

lilythepink    10
lilythepink
You can change it under tools. It's very convenient when you are the sole PC user.

Thanks for the info. Glad to know I at least have an iota of brainpower still!! :D

BUYandSAVE    10
BUYandSAVE

disgusted.

Is this New Branch code only for Standard Bank Customers or can ABSA & FNB Clients also use this code. Nedbank helps themselve to their fees in our account but could not even inform us about such a important manner. We log onto I/Banking Daily a short message their would be fine, quick email or sms. I am totally disgusted that I have to read a public forum to find out such important information.

meeks    10
meeks

Nedbank is getting slack. A buyer from Botswana make payment doing a S.W.I.F.T. transfer from her bank in Botswana, to my account, and although buyer was charged for the transaction, nedbank also charged me R64.25. - I phoned to query this, they ended up having to phone me back and apparently, a new thing now, a fee will now also be charged to the account holder, everytime an international payment is made into the account.

So, the P.O. quoted me R94.25 to post the parcel to Botswana,now already lost R64.25 from the amount buyer paid in, I must now add the same amount to the postage.

How on earth can sellers sell to "out of South Africa" buyers, when we going to lose money this way. I doubt whether the buyer will want to pay in the extra, to cover the cost to the seller, not at this kind of rate per deposit anyway, and the higher the deposit, the higher the fee.- Pathetic!

SProducts    10
SProducts

@meeks, banks will always be after your money. Nedbank is cheap on services, cash deposits and all.

But they charge so much for international transactions. They charge about R50.00 for paying R2000.00 overseas. I stock overseas and its killing me.

I used FNB and they never charged extra for international transactional.

There is no escape, banks control every cent you have.

Sipho

meeks    10
meeks
@meeks, banks will always be after your money. Nedbank is cheap on services, cash deposits and all.

But they charge so much for international transactions. They charge about R50.00 for paying R2000.00 overseas. I stock overseas and its killing me.

Sipho

Hi,

I get that, but what i do not get, is why Nedbank did not have the business sense to let it's clients know about this,and because of their incompetence by not informing the clients, I had to let my buyer know that I can not post her parcel, as the bank charges was debited to my account, only then did she tell me that she DID pay the charge to her bank as well.

So having to contact Nedbank, and then having to wait for them to call me back (which was 4 hours later) the shipping of the parcel was delayed (already delayed waiting for my buyer to receive her e-mail, and get back to me) now I feel like a real Klutz for being totally ignorant as to how my banking institution operates, as the buyer could not understand how I could not have known how the bank operates in these things.

Anyway, she understood once I mailed her again, and apologized for living in S.A

lilythepink    10
lilythepink

Sipho

A year ago, FNB charged me R120.00 to send R2 000.00 overseas (a gift to a relative!)

This year Standard Bank charged me R180.00 when I deposited an overseas cheque for 100 British Pounds (a gift from a friend there!).

So, it seems that Nedbank's internation fees are cheaper than both FNB and Standard! Interesting. :rolleyes:

pablojani    10
pablojani

My account is with Nedbank, Durban North and I have always known the branch code to be 128026. Recently buyers have been complaining that they have difficulty when trying to pay into my account. I phoned the bank and they told me that the correct code is 135226. But that is just for Durban North. They did not give me a universal code but that's not to say one does not exist. I have now changed the number in my profile for the benefit of buyers. One would think the bank would have the courtesy to inform their clients. After all it is our money.