Sign in to follow this  
qball

What are you reading?

mellowred

Hi voldermort ... I'm trying to start "The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon" by Stephen King. Just can't get into it though. Have you read it? Does it speed up a bit?

voldermort
Hi voldermort ... I'm trying to start "The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon" by Stephen King. Just can't get into it though. Have you read it? Does it speed up a bit?

Hi Mellow, if I were you I wouldn't even bother - "The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon" is I think his worst book.......it doesn't have that oommph that all his other books have, (could be though because I neither know nor understand baseball so a baseball hero is just beyond me) I was probably biased to begin with :( but it took me monthes to finish that book.

The good news though is that "Under The Dome" is promising to be great - very similar to "The Stand".;)

pablojani

I am a fan of Alexander McCall Smith and I am reading The 2½ Pillars of Wisdom. It's the best of his that I have read. The humour is wonderful.

Asha Craft

Just finished Karin Slaughter's Martin Misunderstood in less than 2 hours, counting that we had lunch during that time aswell..... Needless to say it lacks alot and seems like a poor attempt from K.S who's crime fiction I usually enjoy. :( Starting her book Fractured tonight, good reviews, so let's see how that one goes. (I visited a 2ndhand bookshop this weekend in George, so I've got a few to keep me busy) :D

voldermort

& "Under The Dome" is done........would definately recommend to any Stephen King fan.

As I said before, very much like "The Stand" but more in line with the 21st century.