Sign in to follow this  
HR_COINS

2010 Protea Coins

HR_COINS

Does anyone have any info on what theme the 2010 Protea series will depict?

The personalities were so successful and it would be nice if they went back to some unique and wonderful south african's!

Rare NotesCoins

Hi.

Yes the 2010 Coins will continue with the Protea Nobel series. The first South African Women who recieved a nobel Litery price will be on it.

Nadine Godemer:

Born in Springs, South Africa, 20/11/1923. Daughter of Isidore and Nan Gordimer. Has lived all her life, and continues to live, in South Africa.

Principal works: 10 novels, including A Guest of Honour, The Conservationist, Burger's Daughter, July's People, A Sport of Nature, My Son's Story and her most recent, None to Accompany Me.

10 short story collections, the most recent Jump, published 1991, and Why Haven't You Written: Selected Stories 1950-1972, published 1992.

Non-fiction: The Essential Gesture; On the Mines; The Black Interpreters.

Among honorary degrees: from Yale, Harvard, Columbia, New School for Social Research, USA; University of Leuven, Belgium, University of York (England), Universities of Cape Town and the Witwatersrand (South Africa), Cambridge University (England).

HR_COINS
Hi.

Yes the 2010 Coins will continue with the Protea Nobel series. The first South African Women who recieved a nobel Litery price will be on it.

Nadine Godemer:

Born in Springs, South Africa, 20/11/1923. Daughter of Isidore and Nan Gordimer. Has lived all her life, and continues to live, in South Africa.

Principal works: 10 novels, including A Guest of Honour, The Conservationist, Burger's Daughter, July's People, A Sport of Nature, My Son's Story and her most recent, None to Accompany Me.

10 short story collections, the most recent Jump, published 1991, and Why Haven't You Written: Selected Stories 1950-1972, published 1992.

Non-fiction: The Essential Gesture; On the Mines; The Black Interpreters.

Among honorary degrees: from Yale, Harvard, Columbia, New School for Social Research, USA; University of Leuven, Belgium, University of York (England), Universities of Cape Town and the Witwatersrand (South Africa), Cambridge University (England).

Wonderful news. She is really a S.A. legend .

Rare NotesCoins

The coin is ground breaking and is absolutlly stunning. You will love it.

RNC

BumbleBee

....any sneak peeks?

Rare NotesCoins

Hi.

I have seen these but no picture availible. Products should be availible first week of April.

But the work done is better than anything else in the world. New prevoiusly impossible work has been done on this. The coin depicts her as a young and old Women on the coin. (she still looks very good for her age)

Rnc

BumbleBee

Awesome! Can't wait to see it. Do you know if any new and exciting circulations coins are planned for 2010?

HR_COINS

I just got my 2010 Protea Coins from the mint.

The Nadime Gordimer coins (silver and gold) are nothing short of stunning!

Rare NotesCoins

Hi.

Told you so. They are stunning. Place some pictures so people can see

HR_COINS

1344437_100405211858_IMG_2036.JPG

1344437_100405212106_IMG_2037.JPG

HR_COINS

Will scan the gold coin tomorrow and post.