Sign in to follow this  
RAG Auctioneers

A Sellers Own Black Book

RAG Auctioneers

Just an idea:

We have come across so many non-paying / extremely rude / trouble making buyers in the past.

Having over 100 auction listings per week, it is impossible to monitor who bids on what.

Would it not be possible to add a "Sellers Black Book" which warns you when a buyer whom has been added to the "black book" is bidding and the seller can decide to give him a chance or delete the bid?

At least this would add a more of a consequence to buyers who do not pay or become very rude with sellers. A negative rating hardly does a dent.

Maybe a future implementation?

As I said, just an idea :)

Vinyl Lady Decals
Just an idea:

We have come across so many non-paying / extremely rude / trouble making buyers in the past.

Having over 100 auction listings per week, it is impossible to monitor who bids on what.

Would it not be possible to add a "Sellers Black Book" which warns you when a buyer whom has been added to the "black book" is bidding and the seller can decide to give him a chance or delete the bid?

At least this would add a more of a consequence to buyers who do not pay or become very rude with sellers. A negative rating hardly does a dent.

Maybe a future implementation?

As I said, just an idea :)

I think this is a great idea, I was shocked by the number of extremely rude and trouble-making buyers that I had in December. It's never been this bad before, the non-payers are also definitely increasing, makes one wonder is there are people that think BoB is an experiment or a playground.

lilythepink

It is a good idea but who will keep it updated? I imagine BoB would have to employ someone just to keep the Black Book up-to-date, what with all the nasties and scammers changing their names all the time. Perhaps Sellers should just start keeping their own black books and keep them updated with postings from the Forum, too? :confused:

RAG Auctioneers

Hey Lily,

No. It will be a sellers own private black book.

We control our own little black books (each seller has his own) that warn us when specific people are bidding on our own stuff. The sellers will add or delete buyers at thier own discretion and it will only apply to thier own Black book.

At least this givesu s a little more control over those same old trouble makers who do not cause enough trouble to be blacklisted.

We have a little list that we write up on paper but it is impossible to see who is bidding on every listing.

Asha Craft Jewellery

Cool idea :)

JPBon

Very similar to the watchlist but of users. Very cool idea.

lilythepink
Hey Lily,

No. It will be a sellers own private black book.

We control our own little black books (each seller has his own) that warn us when specific people are bidding on our own stuff. The sellers will add or delete buyers at thier own discretion and it will only apply to thier own Black book.

At least this givesu s a little more control over those same old trouble makers who do not cause enough trouble to be blacklisted.

We have a little list that we write up on paper but it is impossible to see who is bidding on every listing.

He he he! Reminds me of my days at Convent boarding school when we were in Std 6 (12 and 13 years old!) and we kept little black books with naughty jokes in them! But, yes, I think all of us Sellers need to keep these little warning books. (Can make for interesting reading when scammers come up again with new names!!) :cool:

RAG Auctioneers

JP,

Yeah, that is exactly it! A watchlist, but of users.

Good thinking :)