Sign in to follow this  
africanrefugee

Finding the value of my FDC's

africanrefugee    10
africanrefugee

Can someone advise how I can get an idea of what my collection of First Day Covers is worth, They are Rhodesian, zimbabwean, South African, all 4 Homelands and SWA. I need an idea of value so that I can start disposing of them. 99% are in mint condition having spent the years in their original envelopes from the various Philatelic Bureaus.

All information greatfully received.

eZethu Coins    10
eZethu Coins

I bought a book last year:

The south African Stamp Colour Catalogue 2008/2009 29th edition. This includes stamps & FDCs from early South Africa days, but also the old SA homelands, SWA, Namibia, Basutoland, Becuhuanaland, Rhodesia & Swaziland

I am not a stamp or FDC collector however, so you might get much better suggestions by others.

Hope this helps

Renaldo

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

A new catalogue will be available for Southern African stamps and FDC's within the next few months.

Kit W    10
Kit W

Fully agree with Tanaka & renaldorheeder your best bet is to get a copy of SACC - you will need to source more info on the Zim FDC's - any dealer will assist in this one. Send me a PM with the list of Zim covers & I can assist you

Regards

Kit W

africanrefugee    10
africanrefugee

Hi everyone. Thanks for the imput. I have not been an active enthusiastic collector but have over the years accumulated a huge number of FDC's:

13 x Rhodesian.

226 x Zim from 18/04/1980-25/04/2000

82 x RSA from 06/12/1978-01/09/1998 including a few earlier 70's

29 x SWA 10/02/1986-03/11/1988

21 x Bophuthatswana 02/09/1980-12/12/1990

18 x Ciskei 20/03/1986-29/09/1988

17 x Transkei 07/10/1986-05/05/1988

31 x Venda 04/09/1986-06/10/1988

I have just gone through them making lists of what I have. Most are in mint condition having remained in the envelopes they were despatched in. A few though have marked envelopes but the stamps are OK. I am off to the UK in early March and was trying to decide what to do with them. At this stage, despite their weight, I think I will have to take them with me and sell them from there. As we will be living in a caravan and spending a few years travelling, stamps are not likely to be a priority for a while.