Sign in to follow this  
RAG Auctioneers

Sellers rating buyers flawed?

wayjen

we had a tough time with a buyer who would not respond to our emails after they won a few items from us and going through the whole procedure we had to file an SNC. right after filing the SNC we were paid so how do you rate that person because even though we had to go through all this they are a verified BoBber with thousands of ratings?

Little Miss Muffet
we had a tough time with a buyer who would not respond to our emails after they won a few items from us and going through the whole procedure we had to file an SNC. right after filing the SNC we were paid so how do you rate that person because even though we had to go through all this they are a verified BoBber with thousands of ratings?

Positive :D if you want a positive.:D If they have 100% positive give them 2 positives Heehee--Whatever.

Just say PAID not "A pleasure" or" prompt"

This is where communication is so important. If a buyer has over extented himself and needs a week or 2 to pay then say so. It is less frustrating than having emails ignored.

Someone owes me R1,700 for about 10days now and promised payment on Saturday then Monday--still nothing but he has 100% positive ratings so I will just wait.

RAG Auctioneers

I would say a neutral :)

A taste of what he will get is he does it again :D

wayjen

we have one buyer who tells us they can only pay on this day or that day and we have no problem with that because they pay on the day they say they will and thats how it should work. communication.

Vinyl Lady Decals

You are so, so right.

Communication is definitely the key to a smooth transaction.

I am also prepared to accommodate my buyers when they request it.

we have one buyer who tells us they can only pay on this day or that day and we have no problem with that because they pay on the day they say they will and thats how it should work. communication.

Little Miss Muffet

:D

I would say a neutral :)

A taste of what he will get is he does it again :D

No!! not neutral.He will get one in return. Its "***" for "***":D I mean "Tat" here:rolleyes:

DanceAge

As a new one to selling. I can say all is positive and one neutral. I am still a bit confused about the neutral as the client confirmed she is very happy in my followup mail. However, I just ignored it, as I was very happy with the buyer (and I credited her as such) and she did pay very fast. I don't think the options between excellent; neutral or poor (whatever it's called) should be any different for the seller. I know there's some that are spiteful and don't rate honestly just because the buyer rated them negative. But after reading a few comments on sellers pages one can easily see in most cases the seller tries to solve the problem but the buyer is unforgiving. True enough, buyers don't read the sellers terms, so that doesn't help either.Therefore, can one blame the seller for giving the same rating back to the buyer? I think not. I really think, what's good for the goose is good for the gander. But I do feel that any form of spite, whether it's from the seller or the buyer causes more of an irritation than any good.

wayjen
:D

No!! not neutral.He will get one in return. Its "***" for "***":D I mean "Tat" here:rolleyes:

then that would be a revenge rating because BoB knows the story so a non-positive should be in order, if we had to give a positive rating it would be unfair to the rest of you guys.

Little Miss Muffet

I think I have had about 5 negatives but had them changed with a little sweet talk.

I deserved some but it was human error so as I say it all boils down to communication.

Everyone ends up with one sometime or other. Funny !! Did we carry on like this when we were at school? Crying like babies because we didn't achieve 100%.:D

psavv
I think I have had about 5 negatives but had them changed with a little sweet talk.

I deserved some but it was human error so as I say it all boils down to communication.

Everyone ends up with one sometime or other. Funny !! Did we carry on like this when we were at school? Crying like babies because we didn't achieve 100%.:D

I like your attitude. Well done. For a new seller it must be hard to accept negatuive ratings, and this distorts your overall ratings, untill more sales make up for it. Always difficult.

lilythepink

Yes, communication is the greatest "weapon" in any difficult situation. Kindness and understanding are known to be the biggest tools to use on BoB! Well said, Pam.

wayjen

but it seems ratings are very important on BoB otherwise it would not have been mentioned at the seminar. i used to cry like a baby just so teacher would give me a 33,3 %.

Little Miss Muffet
but it seems ratings are very important on BoB otherwise it would not have been mentioned at the seminar. i used to cry like a baby just so teacher would give me a 33,3 %.

Bob is worse than school. Bob would blacklist you with a record of 33,3%.:P

I just love the picklist and now we can change auction to buy now. Isnt Bob just great!!;)

Oh dear!! contradicting myself. I rate them great!!

wayjen

I just love the picklist and now we can change auction to buy now. Isnt Bob just great!!;)

lovely, just lovely!!!

AMTO

Maybe this is a stupid question, but why can't a buyer file a SNC against a seller?

Little Miss Muffet
Maybe this is a stupid question, but why can't a buyer file a SNC against a seller?

It would cause chaos!!! Imagine sitting on tenderhooks while all our buyers decide whether they still want the product or not.

Some people may feel differant in the morning after bidding the night before.

In other words I will bid then "sleep on it "

If he files an SNC you wont be able to rate him--so hurry --:Dbut careful negative results in-------------

Sleep on it :D:D:rolleyes:

DanceAge

Please fill me in. What is a "pick list"???:confused:. been browsing my way tonight to find out so I am rather happy you mentioned it.