Sign in to follow this  
wayjen

How long before ratings appear on site after email confirmation?

wayjen

I noticed an email in our box giving us a positive rating but i don't see it on the site. Do the ratings appear at the same time as an email or does it take longer. How many of us compare our email ratings to our site ratings?

lilythepink

Interesting question, Wayne. Have never thought of matching the two. What do others think ...?

retailrush

I had one the other day that showed instantly on the "all my ratings" page. However I think it takes them longer to filter through to the listings page (where there are normally three ratings showing)...

Digitrade

Wayjen, maybe the buyer responded to the rating that you gave him. Then it will only show on his profile. I have also made the same mistake previously. The buyer actually responds to your positive rating, without actually rating you.

wayjen

aah ha i see it says ".....has replied, or updated their reply, to the Positive rating you gave them relating to the item" so some people might have an email box full of positive ratings but nothing on the site due to the fact that people are not doing the rating system properly.

lilythepink

How can one overcome this, Admin, without having to send hundreds of emails to buyers?

BumbleBee

This happens very often with buyers, and not just newbies, sometimes even buyers who have been using BoB for a while already.

retailrush

Funny - I had one like that this morning and I have e-mailed the buyer to ask him to please rate me through the right channels - we'll see what happens. It's the first time this has happened - so far all my buyers have rated me properly or not at all...(which is sad!!)

wayjen

There should be something we can do but maybe it's too late for some. how many of us have deleted some emails not realising the rating appeared only on the email or the buyers site and not ours. This is something we should keep a check on.

admin
How can one overcome this, Admin, without having to send hundreds of emails to buyers?

Phone them :P

wayjen
Phone them :P

if your line is working that is.

lilythepink

Thanks, Admin - and add to my costs? No, I think I'll just suffer in silence (almost!) LOL

wayjen

2 positives ratings going to our email account and thats just for today.

cheetah11

I always get a email from BoB to remember me to rate a seller.

That is only when it took me more then 2 weeks to rate and the reason

why i don't rate them is cause i still wait for my items.

wayjen
I always get a email from BoB to remember me to rate a seller.

That is only when it took me more then 2 weeks to rate and the reason

why i don't rate them is cause i still wait for my items.

thats understandable but the problem is that people are rating each other via email only and it only appears on their own account (i don't know how to check this), the thing is that rating does not appear on your account.

At the seminar it was mentioned that we rate each other but as i said before if that rating appears only in your email and not on the site you lose out.

SUNMASTER

The only way it can be fixed is if the system could be set so that a buyer and seller can not respond to a ratings unless they have given a rating first :confused:

mellowred
The only way it can be fixed is if the system could be set so that a buyer and seller can not respond to a ratings unless they have given a rating first :confused:

Good point.

I had one of those and felt petty to e-mail them to correct it.

wayjen

i emailed the one buyer and no reply as of yet but the first buyer did rate us on site now.

Little Miss Muffet

I received a very nice rating from someone this morning and it does not appear in my ratings.

Maybe Bidorbuy dont think I deserve that one. I mean maybe he over:Drated me.

"First class communication--instant and responsive. Great packaging and shipping.

A trusted and reliable seller worth her rating".

I didn't say it. I am looking out for it.

lilythepink
I received a very nice rating from someone this morning and it does not appear in my ratings.

"First class communication--instant and responsive. Great packaging and shipping.

You are a great Seller and that buyer spoke the truth! ;)

wayjen

greetings mense/goeie naand people (is this right, why does it look wrong?)

i just had to send another email to a buyer who rated us on an email and asked if they would mind rating s via the website instead.

we got this comment the other day and this what makes it all worth while.

Comment:

Just what I needed and very happy with delivery and service 5 stars for you

Little Miss Muffet

Ahh!! Thank you Lily. I do try.

I found the rating on the 29th January but only got the email today. Strange.

Little Miss Muffet

This rating was an updated rating. So it did appear but under the date he first rated me. Must have rated before he received it then updated it--so I was wrong

wayjen

guys and gals please check your emails correctly when it comes to the rating system because the ratings do not always appear online.