Sign in to follow this  
lilythepink

The blooming Telkom router...

lilythepink

They keep telling me they're "working on the station". Now, I'm more convinced than ever, that they got lost and have been working on the railway station! lol (But they must have found the right place to work because everything seems fine again.)

wayjen

maybe its the ports that keep going down (don't know the terminolgy now) because when we first got adsl a few years back we had a similiar problem and they traced it back to the exchange or something.

mellowred
what i cannot understand is why do people always pick on telkom. ok i understand you are having problems but when you read the stories of other SP they are worse then telkom.

Hi Wayne

I had Hellkom's ADSL line several years ago and nearly murdered my hubby from frustration. One of my workplaces runs off Helkom and moving from one building to another created so much chaos we were offline for 3 weeks - and it's a business line!

My problem with Hellkom is their total lack of service. They just don't care.

They possibly have a relatively reliable service BUT if you have a problem, the hours of listening to adverts or music while waiting for a human to answer the phone is just too stressful.

The worst is, you have a stoke after 5 hours of being offered "excellent service" and receiving none. AND THEN a survey company phones to ask if you mind partaking in a 20 minute survey to rate the service?? you received from Hellkom :mad::o:mad:.

Hellkom is my pet hate. Just typing this is getting my ulcer all worked up.:cool:

wayjen

i understand fully as i went through exactly that when we moved from a prepaid phone and prepaid internet to adsl. i spent hours and days on the phone and would fall asleep with the phone cradled against my ear but once that was sorted out we have been hassle free for years now.

lilythepink

Well, things are VERY slow again this morning! I am reserving judgment till August! Oh dear. :(

cp27
Well, things are VERY slow again this morning! I am reserving judgment till August! Oh dear. :(

Lilythepink, if it is of any consolation, i believe it has something to do with the new under sea cable. From what I can remember it will be for another 2 or 3 weeks, will try and find the report and post it. Mweb post a regular update.

Outage Num:7175

MWEB All outage affecting All areas

MWEB international browsing and email services in the following areas may be Intermittent : All areas

Start Date:2010-02-04 10:10:27

End Date:

lilythepink

It seems that, at least, MWEB have the decency to keep in touch with the customers and keep them informed of what is happening! We might have a major earthquake if Hellkom ever think of doing this. :confused:

wayjen

hows the connection this morning?

BumbleBee

So far so good here, I'm using telkom as my ISP and have had very few service interruptions. Their customer service is terrible, but fortunately I have not really had any need to contact them on a regular basis. In my personal opinion I believe that Telkom as an ISP is the best of a bad bunch. I refuse to pay mweb's ridiculous prices for the same service that I can get from any other ISP.

lilythepink
hows the connection this morning?

I agree with BumbleBee - so far, so good. Touch wood, spit in my hat, etc. etc.!! :o

wayjen

ha ha ha

lilythepink

Well, folks, we are back to slow motion through Hellkom - again! I don't think I touched the right wood or spat enough into the hat!! Oh dearie, dear. I'm off to do something less frustrating ...

wayjen

read a book.

lilythepink

Thanks, Andries! LOL

Observation: I had to come back and let you know that it seems Hellkom is only slow with Bid or Buy pages tonight - I got into the bank pages quickly, did what I had to. Then I checked an overseas site - no problem. Back to BoB to let you know and, again, I'm waiting ages for pages to download. So, as I said, I am off to do something less frustrating ...

JPBon

Its monday what do you expect from Bob, he is tired.;)

mellowred
Its monday what do you expect from Bob, he is tired.;)

But why?

From posts, the bag lady has bought a cardboard box and is camping out somewhere, other scamsters are in hiding, so BoB should be bright and perky and waiting for action!?! :cool:

JPBon
But why?

From posts, the bag lady has bought a cardboard box and is camping out somewhere, other scamsters are in hiding, so BoB should be bright and perky and waiting for action!?! :cool:

Its actually worrying me that they so quiet, im wondering what they are scheming.

mellowred

Don't throw at Wayjen Lily - use your energy for Vodacom.

What a useless company. Obviously they are owned by Hellkom. Long story short ... we had a 2 year cell phone contract which came to an end. Linked to this was the laptop and dongle. Canceled the cellphone contract and some bright spark decided to cancel the dongle contract (with one year to go:confused:).

Vodacom now want R1,200 to reconnect :mad:. Try to explain that they made a mistake :mad::confused::mad:. Two hours of listening to music and then being cut off.

wayjen

when i wake up in the morning i make sure i rub my vaseline in because you can bet your bottom dollar that when you climb off the bed you will be shafted by some company in this world.

lilythepink

I am still battling with BoB pages this morning. Am wondering if I should call BitDefender - perhaps it's the virus programme which I have? Anyone have any ideas? It's only BoB that is the problem - not other sites.

wayjen

what happens if you stop the virus scan for awhile to test? i don't know how these virus scan things work.

lilythepink

Well - I think I have at last solved my problem! Have cleared all cookies and now everything is going so quickly I can't keep up with it. Let's hope this is the end of computer problems ...!

wayjen

yaaaa hooo!!!!!!!