Sign in to follow this  
Ivan Erasmus

Seller - tanzanites

mellowred
I wouldn't insult a rose! A STINKBLAAR by any other name ....! ;)

This is why I love Afrikaans - very descriptive language. What English word can compare to "deurmekaar" - confused just does not sound the same. :P

Back on topic though. Is it not blatant false advertising to state something in bold print and then contradict your own words in small print? To me that is a very good example for using the word "deurmekaar" as an euphemism.

MsPlod

This seller - schmeller...

I thought that sellers weren't allowed to have a second account? Gem Search, Tanzanites and now this one?

Ummm, you forgot this one: Items for sale from PROPERTY LIFESTYLE on bidorbuy.co.za :rolleyes:

Really sorry you were also put through the white river mill, windrider! :(

Now that most of the tanzanites sold by swsnbn (she who shall not be named) are sold under discreet auctions we have little idea who is bidding so cannot see the newbies getting nailed any more - ugh! Not so sure this discreet bidding thing is a good idea.:mad:

Oh and - not sure whether you know there is a common name for one of our SA plants - hondepisbos - smells just like it too!:P

MrAerospace

And don't forget that bad sellers make one "gatvol"! There isn't an English word to compare with "gatvol"!! ;)

mellowred

"Ai-tog" these "deurmekaar" sellers make me "gatvol" ... just sounds so much more interesting than ... Oh dear these con-men annoy me. :P

tony a

tanzanite "gems "

isn't it fascinating how people will change their name to try and outrun their reputations gem search is now keep it country wow do they really believe it is that easy to lose their reputation. and why does bob allow it ? makes you think doesnt it :rolleyes: and true to form she rerated me negetatve within a few minutes of me rating her negative (still waiting for my refund 1 mnth later). I once read here on the forum she would do just that as bob allows it. and because of the normally small amounts she would not get rated as people dont want to get a negative rating, bob should figure out a way to stop that revenge ratings as good guys also get hurt in this process.

MsPlod

Oh dear!

isn't it fascinating how people will change their name to try and outrun their reputations gem search is now keep it country wow do they really believe it is that easy to lose their reputation. and why does bob allow it ? makes you think doesnt it :rolleyes: and true to form she rerated me negetatve within a few minutes of me rating her negative (still waiting for my refund 1 mnth later). I once read here on the forum she would do just that as bob allows it. and because of the normally small amounts she would not get rated as people dont want to get a negative rating, bob should figure out a way to stop that revenge ratings as good guys also get hurt in this process.

Sorry tony a!! The one advantage of having a lousy rating from a seller such as this "namechanger who shall not be named" is that any good seller (most of BoB's sellers) seeing that you have a lousy rating from "white river tanzanite trading spaza" will not bat an eyelid - personally I wear my -ve ratings from her with the sort of pride they deserve.;) Do yourself a favour and copy every single email you write to her to BoB - PLEASE! It worked wonders - she paid me back within hours. She trots around with a blackberry so don't believe this nonsense that she doesn't get to her email regularly - she sees every single email as it comes in!

qball

Hi All

The seller in question has been warned about revenge ratings, and where this has happened, we will in most cases remove the ratings if we feel this is justified.

We have also advised the seller to correct the listings by removing values and market related prices, as well as appraisals if not offered.

The seller has been co-operative with us in this regard and will be making changes to her Returns policy and warranties offered.

With any transaction, the importance of communication is vital for a successful conclusion of a sale and to resolve any issues there may be. We believe this has been explained to the seller and hopefully this will help alleviate many of the issues experienced here.

Kind regards

Cuan

MsPlod

Many thanks Cuan!

Hi All

The seller in question has been warned about revenge ratings, and where this has happened, we will in most cases remove the ratings if we feel this is justified.

We have also advised the seller to correct the listings by removing values and market related prices, as well as appraisals if not offered.

The seller has been co-operative with us in this regard and will be making changes to her Returns policy and warranties offered.

With any transaction, the importance of communication is vital for a successful conclusion of a sale and to resolve any issues there may be. We believe this has been explained to the seller and hopefully this will help alleviate many of the issues experienced here.

Kind regards

Cuan

Thank you Cuan for encouraging the seller to address these aspects. My primary interest here is to reduce the number of other buyers getting into trouble with the seller - since I will never buy from her again - even if she did not block me as a buyer.

Since I am blocked by her - and so cannot suggest other ways in which she might be able to reduce misleading advertising could you please suggest to her that she change the "VSI" to VS or SI or to VS1 as appropriate.

For example the following advertisments (these are just a few - I have not been through all of the ads) indicate stones with a clarity of VSI (there is no such clarity rating - please refer to the gemstones 101 thread - only VS1 - so she has invented it).

In actual fact - if you read the description, the stones have a quality of SI!

Tanzanites - LARGE (VSI) VERY SLIGHTLY INCLUDED .65CTS STUNNING TANZANITE!! for sale in White River (ID:23077559)

Tanzanites - LARGE (VSI) VERY SLIGHTLY INCLUDED .65CTS STUNNING TANZANITE!! for sale in White River (ID:23077563)

Tanzanites - LARGE (VSI) VERY SLIGHTLY INCLUDED .65CTS STUNNING TANZANITE!! for sale in White River (ID:23077584)

Tanzanites - LARGE (VSI) VERY SLIGHTLY INCLUDED .65CTS STUNNING TANZANITE!! for sale in White River (ID:22885139)

Tanzanites - LARGE (VSI) VERY SLIGHTLY INCLUDED .65CTS STUNNING TANZANITE!! for sale in White River (ID:22885151)

Tanzanites - LARGE (VSI) VERY SLIGHTLY INCLUDED .65CTS STUNNING TANZANITE!! for sale in White River (ID:22933973)

Tanzanites - LARGE (VSI) VERY SLIGHTLY INCLUDED .65CTS STUNNING TANZANITE!! for sale in White River (ID:22933671)

etc. etc. so the advertisement really can mislead the inexperienced buyer because she continues to apply the homegrown VSI occasionally in other ads as well - where she is actually indicating that her gems are VS1 (VS one) clarity.

Many thanks!

Looking forward to seeing far less sad buyers - now it is just up to her to actually provide the gems advertised irrespective of whether she sells them for R1 or R201.

qball

Thank you for your post, I will address this with the seller as well.

Kind regards

Cuan

lilythepink

Thanks, Cuan, for attending to what seem to be rather serious problems.

MsPlod

Thank you Cuan!

Kind regards

Cuan

Greatly appreciated... :)

Scarboro Fair

I had something really odd hapening with the same person? I don't know why but I asked a question about one of his items and after I got the email to say he'd answered the question - I went to look at the tanzanite and it was deleted?

Don't know why... but after reading all of these comments maybe it isn't sucha bad thing after all:confused:

MsPlod

???????

I had something really odd hapening with the same person? I don't know why but I asked a question about one of his items and after I got the email to say he'd answered the question - I went to look at the tanzanite and it was deleted?

Don't know why... but after reading all of these comments maybe it isn't sucha bad thing after all:confused:

Can you post a link to the deleted item?

And, by the way - "he's" a "she" :P

No comment on whether you are a lucky bidder or not... just read the various threads and the seller's ratings :rolleyes:

MsPlod

To Cuan...

Kind regards

Cuan

Just one example of Keepitcountry's adverts for this next Wednesday Crazy...

Tanzanites - LARGE (VSI) VERY SLIGHTLY INCLUDED .65CTS STUNNING TANZANITE!! for sale in White River (ID:22933696)

Still using a non-existent clarity grading and using it for a stone that is SI - NOT VS.:rolleyes: - so the auction advert title is misleading to say the least :confused:

Haven't bothered to go through all her auctions... Just spotted this one on a cruise through the gems section.

Is it possible for sellers to change auction descriptions once they have been listed?

Lukeness

Listings can be changed until bids are placed

MsPlod

Thank you!

Listings can be changed until bids are placed

And that one at least certainly appears to have been - thanks for the response! :)

lilythepink

Well, she's obviously reading the Forum. Hope she keeps up-to-date with those of us who DO do listings openly, fairly, and transparently! :confused:

qball

The seller confirmed today that they will be changing all their listings, however, listings with bids on already cannot be edited by the seller once they are in progress.

Kind regards

Cuan

gems4ever

Gemsearch now called Keepitcountr????

I bought (and paid) for tanzanite stornes from GemSearch. I paid and was sent only ONE stone of a combination. Enquires with GemSearc (Chantal) resulted in sarcastic and insulting replies. I eventually got an a:mad:dmission that the advertisement was placed wrongly but I suspect it was placed like that with the intention to deceive because I have not, despite polite enquires, been able to get the balance of my order that I paid for. She expects me to return the stones - I woul be stupid tosen the stones back to someone that has not honoured the sale from the outset - Beware!!

Just a guess! Lady from Keepitcountry now also Chantal? Also based in Witrivier - could be pure coincidence ......

MsPlod

No coincidence...

Just a guess! Lady from Keepitcountry now also Chantal? Also based in Witrivier - could be pure coincidence ......

If you look through the thread - this was thoroughly "discussed" during mid-June ;)

kyle2

Hi there, afraid to say she caught me as well, one of her favourite tricks is the 1 bid = 3 stones (3 bids automatically placed for you on the auction page)

Tanzanites - 3 x EYE CLEAN (VS) .25CTS TANZANITES for sale in White River (ID:23975657)

If you read the auction page it clearly indicates that you will receive 3 X 3 stones! (9 in total if you do the math). Well item arrived and suprise suprise 1 little box arrived with 3 stones not 9. Bid endid up being per stone not per bid as advertised! Shameful bunch of stones small and clear as glass, not like the picture advertised. Challenged her through BOB, she sent another 3 miserable cracked and chipped stones.:mad:

BOB should really stop her from trading or should I say 'Preying' on the BOB comunity, however I see that she has fewer takers these days, 370 negatives, wow, thats got to be some kind of record. If she's prepared to screw over a charitable organisation such as one I represent, nothing is beyond her!

moppies

Kyle, it is that green blinking eye that caused you to fall in the trap!!!:P

You are right. My common sense also tells me one bid = 3 stones x 3 bids = 9 stones. You have learnt your lesson on a hard way.

I see that you are fairly new on the forum. Keep on watching the postings - you will learn a lot from who to buy and who not! That is how I manage to stay out of the danger zones. I also wanted to buy stones from this seller long ago until I saw this posting!!!!

Keep well!

MsPlod

Tricky white river tanzanite trader

Hi there, afraid to say she caught me as well, one of her favourite tricks is the 1 bid = 3 stones (3 bids automatically placed for you on the auction page)

Tanzanites - 3 x EYE CLEAN (VS) .25CTS TANZANITES for sale in White River (ID:23975657)

If you read the auction page it clearly indicates that you will receive 3 X 3 stones! (9 in total if you do the math). Well item arrived and suprise suprise 1 little box arrived with 3 stones not 9. Bid endid up being per stone not per bid as advertised! Shameful bunch of stones small and clear as glass, not like the picture advertised. Challenged her through BOB, she sent another 3 miserable cracked and chipped stones.:mad:

BOB should really stop her from trading or should I say 'Preying' on the BOB comunity, however I see that she has fewer takers these days, 370 negatives, wow, thats got to be some kind of record. If she's prepared to screw over a charitable organisation such as one I represent, nothing is beyond her!

Sorry about your experience kyle2

Interestingly - this same trader (she who shall not be named) used to have quite good ratings when she first started out some years back. The more recent ratings show a rather different picture, however.

For example:

........................total..... +ve..... neutral.... -ve

Past 3 Months ...682 ......429........ 12......... 58..... :eek:

That is 8.5% of buyers rating her negative over the past three months! If you add the neutrals it takes the percentage to roughly 10% of buyers being less than happy. Hmmm - even the discreet bidding has not helped her to improve her ratings. Makes one think. Particularly since she is one of the traders on BoB who tends to revenge rate buyers if they have had a bad experience...

lilythepink

I am also feeling sorry for you, kyle2. And welcome to this forum. It gets batty here at times but we all try and help one another so you'll find it useful to keep up to date with the posts (and sometimes have a good laugh at our battiness!)

kyle2

Tricky tanzanite lady from white river

Hi all, I see she's either changed tact a bit, something new on her auction site Nissan - Nissan X-Trail for sale in White River (ID:24672002)

Could it be that the wheel is turning, Karma and all that?:P

Like her other auctions, this one has a generic photo of what she is selling, probably looks nothing like the picture, like her tanzanite auctions.

I hope whoever is interested in the thing will reference this forum first before buying the thing. She probably would make a very very good car salesman, this is not a compliment, selling stuff that is very dodgy and probably broken when you get it. :cool:

Sorry about a pun laden posting, couldn't help myself:)

Hey Qball, could you look into her dodgy 1bid=3 tanzanites auctions, would really spark me if she would correct her page to show true reflections of the quantities she is selling!

I assure you she only sends 3 stones to winning bidders of these auctions, but implies that 9 will be arriving, also she does not use photos of the actual items, see listing below.

Tanzanites - 3 x SI .25CTS TANZANITES for sale in White River (ID:23967882)

Tanzanites - 3 x SLIGHTLY INCLUDED (S1) .25CTS TANZANITE for sale in White River (ID:23753726)